Show off your tattoo

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
Tattooing's being going on for thousands of years I think we have a handle on it by now.
There’s plenty that can’t and make sweeping generalisations on those that do. It’s rude and ignorant live and let live. Mine, all 17 of them, are on the inside of my arms, nothing under the wrist line. I can where long sleeves and they aren’t noticeable.

I work in a teaching capacity where I feel I am liked and respected by all. I’m a Scout Leader too. So hardly a thug or undesirable. I do though dislike the way tattoo’d people are prejudged by some. As for my mental state, I’ve been commended many a time as being someone who is thoughtful, level headed and calm. I worked in the past in mental health and I often see the “ in mates” they all make a b-line to greet me. Even yesterday I saw one who gave me a big man hug.

Judge the person not the appearance.

Chris

Forum DOG!
Staff member
There’s plenty that can’t and make sweeping generalisations on those that do. It’s rude and ignorant live and let live. Mine, all 17 of them, are on the inside of my arms, nothing under the wrist line. I can where long sleeves and they aren’t noticeable.

I work in a teaching capacity where I feel I am liked and respected by all. I’m a Scout Leader too. So hardly a thug or undesirable. I do though dislike the way tattoo’d people are prejudged by some. As for my mental state, I’ve been commended many a time as being someone who is thoughtful, level headed and calm. I worked in the past in mental health and I often see the “ in mates” they all make a b-line to greet me. Even yesterday I saw one who gave me a big man hug.

Judge the person not the appearance.
Same, I have nine, all of which are covered if I wear long sleeves. Happily in my current job unless they're offensive you don't need to cover tattoos but I'm aware that it may be a possibility in the future hence the choice of location. There are a lot of ignorant people out there.

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
Same, I have nine, all of which are covered if I wear long sleeves. Happily in my current job unless they're offensive you don't need to cover tattoos but I'm aware that it may be a possibility in the future hence the choice of location. There are a lot of ignorant people out there.
Another example of appearance not being something people should judge the person by.

Yesterday I parked the car in a council run car park. It was a space next to where the motor bike spaces are. With my knee I do struggle sometimes get in when I can’t open the door a decent amount. Up comes a young bloke, scruffy, dreadlocks, load of facial piercings. “ You alright there mate” ? “If you get back before me just wheel it out if you can’t get in ok” (referring to his bike), “Take care there” We had a brief chat, nice lad.

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
Should of also added, tattoo place was spotlessly clean as it usually is and should be. Tattoo artist told me what precautions he was taking, extra PPE etc. But to be fair it wasn’t much more than he normally does and uses. Interestingly though he said no one had contacted him from the local health authority on what to do etc. No one had paid him a visit, no emails, nothing at all. He is indeed highly visible on the high street, inspected and approved.

Healing nicely with no scabbing.

Paper Plane

Forum GOD!
I keep thinking about a small ink or two, just something featuring Mrs Plane maybe or, the Status Quo logo.

Daughter has ink on her legs, quite a complex design.

steve

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
I keep thinking about a small ink or two, just something featuring Mrs Plane maybe or, the Status Quo logo.

Daughter has ink on her legs, quite a complex design.

steve
Only advice is to decide what you want, think about for a few months and if you still want it, go for it. Get it wrong and the laser hurts like hell apparently, ten times worse coming out then going in.

Vinny

Forum GOD!
Got two done in the 80s when they were still considered 'edgy' and generally frowned upon (yes, they were). Mine are your typical football hooligan jobs. Bulldog/Union flag on calf, red rose/scrolls on upper arm. Both coverable.