Shoes

wazza

a dog got personality
Those Trickers are top @Fox

I wanted some Loakes for when I got married last year but ended up with some Ted Baker Oxford brogues, which have a rubber thicker sole rather than just leather. They're really comfy.
I've a few other pair of brogues but nothing really fancy.
For work I've been wearing Dr Martens Cabrillo Desert Boots, for the past month or so. Really comfy and dont stand out massively as I wear jeans at work.

UKRob

Forum GOD!
Just this week I did a tour of some factory shops in the Northampton area. Starting at Cheaneys - the range was good and discounted both becuase of range changes, quality issues (minor) plus a further 10% on ths day. Unfortunately nothing for me on the day but I'd certainly try again. Crocket and Jones was closed - the shop opens on Friday and Saturday only which is a shame given the level of interest I found at other places. Next was Church's - a real disappointment in that they have put no effort into the shop and what was on offer was really old fashioned compared to othe things I saw. We only had time for one more which was Barker - by far the most professional looking shop and the one where most effort was made. A good selection is available at decent discounts although I would say that Cheaneys is the better quality. Al in all, if you have a morning to spend you can do all these outlets and maybe more within 100 miles or less.

johnus

Once upon a time, long ago('60's) i did happen to work in a shoe factory. Interesting, but Sadly my my expertise was limited to stamping out insoles for combat boots. A lot of insoles.

lloydrm

Forum GOD!
Seeing that everyone else is snapping photos of their favorite shoes... Pair of my AllenEdmonds..View attachment 807
What is that model? Looks like those broke in nicely.
I bought a pair of AE on discount. The store did not have the model in my size so they sent it, but they sent a model with a leather section patched so I sent the back and they discontinued the model so the only option was a gift card ... Its been a year or two since and still haven't stomached looking for another pair; even though I know they make good shoes.
So, what model you got?

Last edited:

johnus

The shoes are about 20yrs old. Don't remember the model name, and it's probably chged since I bought them. About 6-7yrs ago I did send them back to be resoled and refinished. ~ 100$. They did an excellent job on the refurbish!

Godfather

Forum GOD!
Just this week I did a tour of some factory shops in the Northampton area. Starting at Cheaneys - the range was good and discounted both becuase of range changes, quality issues (minor) plus a further 10% on ths day. Unfortunately nothing for me on the day but I'd certainly try again. Crocket and Jones was closed - the shop opens on Friday and Saturday only which is a shame given the level of interest I found at other places. Next was Church's - a real disappointment in that they have put no effort into the shop and what was on offer was really old fashioned compared to othe things I saw. We only had time for one more which was Barker - by far the most professional looking shop and the one where most effort was made. A good selection is available at decent discounts although I would say that Cheaneys is the better quality. Al in all, if you have a morning to spend you can do all these outlets and maybe more within 100 miles or less.
I agree with the Church's shop (if you can call it that!) I have always found their brogues great once broken in. I have a fair number and generally buy them half price if not better at my local shoe shop in the Watford Vue.