Shoes

Rufusdog

Forum GOD!
I am overdue on my shoes what are some suggestion for daily use guys?
It depends on what you need, e.g. casual or dress. I have difficult feet to fit and can try on a dozen different pairs of shoes and walk away empty handed. For casual shoes I have had the best results with Clarks and for dress i’ve bitten the financial bullet and gone with Church’s and Bally. Fortunately, I’m not hard on shoes so my dress shoes will last 20 years with proper care and maintenance. Style is a secondary consideration for me with fit being paramount; nevertheless, I’ve been able to find shoes that are nicely styled and won’t go out of style anytime soon.

D.Chris

It depends on what you need, e.g. casual or dress. I have difficult feet to fit and can try on a dozen different pairs of shoes and walk away empty handed. For casual shoes I have had the best results with Clarks and for dress i’ve bitten the financial bullet and gone with Church’s and Bally. Fortunately, I’m not hard on shoes so my dress shoes will last 20 years with proper care and maintenance. Style is a secondary consideration for me with fit being paramount; nevertheless, I’ve been able to find shoes that are nicely styled and won’t go out of style anytime soon.
Indeed I think bitting a bit for Formal Dressing is good! aside Clarks is indeed a very good option do you think it would go through the roughness for daily work, I am bad keeping my shoes and pushes alot on day to day work?

Rufusdog

Forum GOD!
Loake, Trickers, several MTO’s.

If you like shoes head into r/goodyearwelt on Reddit.

Beware tho, it is an expensive hobby if you could call it that.
I consider my collecting shaving brushes and fountain pens hobbies, but my wife’s proclivity for purchasing shoes, needed or not, I consider an affliction.:)

bugra101

Forum GOD!
I consider my collecting shaving brushes and fountain pens hobbies, but my wife’s proclivity for purchasing shoes, needed or not, I consider an affliction.:)
:D

I mean I’m not on about just buying random store shoes. There is a whole other world other there with welted shoes. Unfortunately women’s shoes in our date are just cemented shoes. Even the most expensive ones.

Church’s doesn’t do welted shoes for women and when I asked why they said Women simply don’t care about quality on shoes but the looks and comfort.

I’ve been trying to convert my wife from such shoes.

FRFC1908

Kakkerlak till I die!
I do own a pair of blue / purple floris van Bommels with crocodile skin motif and and pair of Brown rehabs ( also a Dutch brand ) with snake skin motif. For the cassual look i usually weer oldschool / classic look tommy jeans sneakers or sometimes adidas sneakers, nike air max classics. I am quite into excentric looking Shoes!

D

Deleted member 30

I do own a pair of blue / purple floris van Bommels with crocodile skin motif and and pair of Brown rehabs ( also a Dutch brand ) with snake skin motif. For the cassual look i usually weer oldschool / classic look tommy jeans sneakers or sometimes adidas sneakers, nike air max classics. I am quite into excentric looking Shoes!
I also own a pair of cream Floris van Bommels, they are extremely well made and comfortable. Any chances of seeing some pictures of yours, they sound great.

Xring3

Forum GOD!
0CDEBF21-B3A5-41FE-9BCE-CDC455559B4B.jpeg
From left to right. Alligator foot and cowhide shaft..made in Mexico. Calfskin foot and cowhide shaft..Justin USA. Cowhide foot and shaft..Tony Lama USA. Ostrich foot and cowhide shaft..Justin USA. Suede foot and shaft..Tony Lama USA. Not dress wear in most of the world but, it is in this part of the world. Not uncommon to get 20-30 years wear out of them.