Shavius familiarus

KAV

Popular shaving topics may cover the least expensive, fastest, superior or use of a rare unobtainable product uncorked like a expensive wine.
I just had a lovely shave. I would go further; it was outstanding and I did it semi conscious with my morning medications kicking in, tea still on the stove and in general my sentience still waking up like that ape in 2001 being buzzed by a black obelisk instead of my alarm going off.
Some combinations simply work. We can post endless favourite lists and debate their merits in some insecure reinforcement of our own consumer choices with promises of empty country roads and a beautiful lady sitting next to us in our new Yugo.
I showered with Pre de Provence Rose bath soap. I lathered a remaining tub of Klars Kabinette Rose with my Plisson. Merkur HD received a new old stock Super Iridium from the pewter, blue ten pack. Cold tap water which I pay for down the road cleaning my kit like a dental tech attacking plaque buildup.
Four passes, a dedicated bath towel I finally bought in a 12 pack chilled in the freezer briefly followed by just a kiss of Harris Pink. O..K. I overdid the rose. I once upset a coworker having a chocolate bar with chocolate milk on break.
It is scary nice and for a brief rip in the space time continuum saw that 18 y/o KAV looking back.
I know; half my kit could be worried like an old bone over various comparisons. Whatever, that's another day, I'm late getting out the door and thought I'd toss out the opportunity to post whatever combination just plain works regardless of the usual measures.

Irfan

Forum GOD!
My shaving ritual can be part of my Zen-like morning experience.
Sometimes, a lovely shave happens without too much thought.
I don't always look forward to my shave, like I used to when I started this hobby but, I always seem to enjoy it, or at least aspects of it.

efsk

Forum GOD!
Except when using a straight, I keep using new stuff, and with my rotation being on the large side using the same straight again can take two years. This works against the familiarity-thing.