Shavings best kept secret

Wayne

Forum Sod
Monsavon French Shaving soap was recommended to me by Chris @Shaverrific666 and I must thank him for doing so. It is a fabulous shaving soap, it isn’t packaged in the most appealing way, a small soft plastic cream bowl, the label is unattractive too but the contents are fabulous. It is a semi soft soap, between triple milled and Croap not super hard or soft. It has for my nose a clean Lavender with light spices scent. Nothing offensive but still manly reminiscent of some 70’s Fougere but lighter, around a 6-10 on scent scale.
it lathers super easy and it produces a thick, slick, cushioned lather which is almost awesome. The kicker is the price though. It costs literally Peanuts. I got mine delivered from EBay for £7.00. Yep £7.00. That is a massive bargain and honestly if you haven’t you need to try this soap. For the little outlay you have nothing to lose. There is very little soap I would ever buy again, I would tend to go for something new and exciting but I can’t seeing me ever being without Monsavon in my bathroom now. Give it a go, well worth it.

Missoni

Fellow Traveller
Monsavon French Shaving soap was recommended to me by Chris @Shaverrific666 and I must thank him for doing so. It is a fabulous shaving soap, it isn’t packaged in the most appealing way, a small soft plastic cream bowl, the label is unattractive too but the contents are fabulous. It is a semi soft soap, between triple milled and Croap not super hard or soft. It has for my nose a clean Lavender with light spices scent. Nothing offensive but still manly reminiscent of some 70’s Fougere but lighter, around a 6-10 on scent scale.
it lathers super easy and it produces a thick, slick, cushioned lather which is almost awesome. The kicker is the price though. It costs literally Peanuts. I got mine delivered from EBay for £7.00. Yep £7.00. That is a massive bargain and honestly if you haven’t you need to try this soap. For the little outlay you have nothing to lose. There is very little soap I would ever buy again, I would tend to go for something new and exciting but I can’t seeing me ever being without Monsavon in my bathroom now. Give it a go, well worth it.
...I agree Monsavon is a steal...currently available on Amazon for £3.31 delivered!! if you have Prime...

Dr Watson

James

Thanks for the mention, Wayne. Yes a great little soap. I first used it years ago on holiday..bought it from a French supermarket for literally nothing.
But I must mention, and thank James @Dr Watson who inspired me to to try it again. Really an excellent product for the price.
LPL and MdC need to watch their backs. :laugh:

Wayne

Forum Sod
Thanks for the mention, Wayne. Yes a great little soap. I first used it years ago on holiday..bought it from a French supermarket for literally nothing.
But I must mention, and thank James @Dr Watson who inspired me to to try it again. Really an excellent product for the price.
LPL and MdC need to watch their backs. :laugh:
So do many others. For less than £4.00 there literally is nothing in the shaving world to touch it. It is absolutely fabulous. For them with any taste.

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
Thanks for the tip Wayne. I looked at Monsavon about 4 years ago but didn't hit purchase, will have a gander again. By the way, any dryness or oily post shave feel?