shaving mugs recommendations

• Thread starter Deleted member 2936
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2936

Good scuttle make sure your lather won't get foamy when using this one.
@RandySp mate its the first scuttle ive ever had and the scuttle is amazing if i didnt come to these wet shaving forums i wouldve never heard of it tbh, i read that some peeps use just hot tap water in it and some use boiling kettle water,
i decided i wanted hot boiling kettle water, it stayed warm for some time,
i think having a warm lather is 100% something for me especially being near enough in winter now its nice having the warm lather...

it does have sort of ridges in the scuttle so it does lather up nicely but im very inexperienced when it comes to scuttles and lathering etc
so i cant say how good or bad it was but i can say i thoroughly enjoyed it tbh

took the pic at the end of the shave when i finished so you cant really see the lather so to speak!

IMG_20201211_153205_compress28__01.jpg

D

Deleted member 1881

@RandySp mate its the first scuttle ive ever had and the scuttle is amazing if i didnt come to these wet shaving forums i wouldve never heard of it tbh, i read that some peeps use just hot tap water in it and some use boiling kettle water,
i decided i wanted hot boiling kettle water, it stayed warm for some time,
i think having a warm lather is 100% something for me especially being near enough in winter now its nice having the warm lather...

it does have sort of ridges in the scuttle so it does lather up nicely but im very inexperienced when it comes to scuttles and lathering etc
so i cant say how good or bad it was but i can say i thoroughly enjoyed it tbh

took the pic at the end of the shave when i finished so you cant really see the lather so to speak!

View attachment 81802
1. Stay away from these enabling forums.
2. What is this inside the bowl and how exactly did you make it? Seems bubbly.

D

Deleted member 2936

1. Stay away from these enabling forums.
2. What is this inside the bowl and how exactly did you make it? Seems bubbly.
is being bubbly a bad thing? honestly i just put some shaving cream in and then like whisked away to create the lather, am i doing it wrong?

D

Deleted member 1881

is being bubbly a bad thing? honestly i just put some shaving cream in and then like whisked away to create the lather, am i doing it wrong?
Yes it is wrong. Bubbly means almost no slickness and no protection.

Start with less water and add it slowly as you swirl. Stop when you see the lather start to collapsing.

D

Deleted member 2936

well i went to use my qshave scuttle and after i filled it up with water it just started leaking,

theres a hairline crack in it, God knows how it happened, hardly used it tbh and im gutted :(

D

Deleted member 2936

anyone use those older antique style shaving scuttles?
the ones which are designed to put in a puck

im asking because i ended up throwing my scuttle away because it had the hairline crack and i cba fixing it, i made a mistake i shouldve offered it on the forums before throwing it away as im sure a bit of glue might have fixed it

anyways im thinking about getting a scuttle because i do really like the warm lather,
only thing is the one i had just got the hairline crack in it, god knows how as i didnt drop t or anything but dont want to get another one just for it break easily you know?

Zhang Doe

Forum GOD!
There is something about the green Proraso shaving mug that I find really appealing. Don't know why. Green, clunky and plastic(?) ... yet it speaks to me. I'll get one eventually, I'm sure.

Sami

Forum GOD!
well i went to use my qshave scuttle and after i filled it up with water it just started leaking,

theres a hairline crack in it, God knows how it happened, hardly used it tbh and im gutted :(
Im glad i don't use ceramics anymore
Just stainless steel bowls and pereira shaving bowl excellent in weight and use

rebelshaver98

Über Member
I have been using the fine lather bowl and it works nicely and I like the handle, but it tends to overflow easily if I make a decent volume of lather. I often find myself swooping in to catch a big dollop of lather making an escape. So I ordered one of those Turkish bowls with a little more depth, but watching videos online of different bowls, it seems lather just likes to congregate around the lip and naturally splash out.