Shavemac synthetic brush

I'll use again the brush later. If it does still loose hairs, I'll ask an exchange to Bernd (in this case I'd ask a 48mm loft too). I can't accept a shedder in a synthetic from Shavemac.

N_Architect

Travel, See, Feel, Explore
Absolutely very personal indeed.
I would buy this brush off Yuri but his choice of loft length makes these brushes unusable for me...

Thug

Let's talk about 6, Baby.
I see that Bernd is now selling Shavemac's with Synthetic knots.

Saw one on my IG timeline earlier today in his more traditional handle shape.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have to confirm all the things said before, and I'm really sorry for this because it's totally unexpected. Now I add some more details like I promised. Sorry again for my late small review.

Quality/price:
it's so cheap in hands that I can't really see any differences between this knot and another one bought on Aliexpress. Perhaps the only difference could be given by the Shavemac's semi-gel tips. Especially the shape has not been thought as well as for the badger options. For those who have Simpson, for example, Shavemac is miles and miles away from that one. I'd pay this Shavemac something in a range between 25/35€. I'm not referring to the fact of the hair lost. I think it could happen. But this is the first time in a synthetic brush for me. I try to not consider it.

How does it perform?
I really don't get what our friend Avnish @Nishy said about the comparison with a Shavemac Silvertip 2band. I really, really, really don't get any premium badger feeling here. If I have to, I say it's like a cheap Chinese Silvertip (3band) set low. Now you can understand my previous statements regarding the backbone. @N_Architect What I mean is that you don't feel the presence, some strength, of this brush at all, neither set at a 50mm loft. It does have a high medium backbone, but it's a very soft knot, a too soft knot. The knot opens up easily. Set at 56mm I can only think to some spaghetti on my face. I suppose I can read Avnish's words as a way to say that this knot requires more time to load than the other synthetic brushes. It doesn't hold up too much water, but, if properly loaded like almost a badger brush, you can easily make two passes plus touch ups. Simpson, in comparson, requires a half day to be really dry - Shavemac neither a time of two hours.

Later some more words. Sorry again, a lot of things to do here today.

Last edited:

SeanC

Forum GOD!
I have to confirm all the things said before, and I'm really sorry for this because it's totally unexpected. Now I add some more details like I promised. Sorry again for my late small review.

Quality/price:
it's so cheap in hands that I can't really see any differences between this knot and another one bought on Aliexpress. Perhaps the only difference could be given by the Shavemac's semi-gel tips. Especially the shape has not been thought as well as for the badger options. For those who have Simpson, for example, Shavemac is miles and miles away from that one. I'd pay this Shavemac something in a range between 25/35€. I'm not referring to the fact of the hair lost. I think it could happen. But this is the first time in a synthetic brush for me. I try to not consider it.

How does it perform?
I really don't get what our friend Avnish @Nishy said about the comparison with a Shavemac Silvertip 2band. I really, really, really don't get any premium badger feeling here. If I have to, I say it's like a cheap Chinese Silvertip (3band) set low. Now you can understand my previous statements regarding the backbone. @N_Architect What I mean is that you don't feel the presence, some strength, of this brush at all, neither set at a 50mm loft. It does have a high medium backbone, but it's a very soft knot, a too soft knot. The knot opens up easily. Set at 56mm I can only think to some spaghetti on my face. I suppose I can read Avnish's words as a way to say that this knot requires more time to load than the other synthetic brushes. It doesn't hold up too much water, but, if properly loaded like a badger brush, you can easily make two passes plus touch ups. Simpson, in comparson, requires a half day to be really dry - Shavemac neither a time of two hours.

Later some more words. Sorry again, a lot of things to do here today.
Some very interesting feedback. I don't like the Simpson CH2, preferring a bit more loft say 55mm and splay for circular face lathering, but not too much like the Omega synthetics. Thinking out loud some more knot density could possibly help you?

I wouldn't worry about a few (i.e. less than 10) hairs falling out initially. It's happened to me a few times with synthetics and they have stabilised quickly

It's going to be interesting testing the passaround brush

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
Some very interesting feedback. I don't like the Simpson CH2, preferring a bit more loft say 55mm and splay for circular face lathering, but not too much like the Omega synthetics. Thinking out loud some more knot density could possibly help you?

I wouldn't worry about a few (i.e. less than 10) hairs falling out initially. It's happened to me a few times with synthetics and they have stabilised quickly

It's going to be interesting testing the passaround brush
@SeanC I can bet my right nut you will like this synthetic :)