Shampoo bars, which one is the best?

Discussion in 'Grooming and Style' started by Nishy, Jun 19, 2017.

1. The Gentleman

The Gentleman Forum GOD!

Been using MW for about a month now. I started with a sample bar I've got from Michelle and after about one week of use I noticed that my hair felt much better, so I ordered three full bars from Michelle that I received the same day that my sample was finished.

Nishy, halvor, Mikey J and 1 other person like this.
  2. halvor

halvor a most elusive fish

So, somewhat on the side, but which colour did you get? :giggle:

Mikey J likes this.
  3. p.b

p.b Forum GOD!

What I thought was my original colour (before experience turned it silvery)...

Cheeky bugger :p:

halvor likes this.
  4. Celar36

Celar36 Forum GOD!

Liggett love it

5. Rowlers

Rowlers Massive Member Staff Member

I got a good month of hair washing from the Funky bar. I ordered a Sea Kelp and Rhassoul Clay bar as an alternative on the recommendation of Anni, and I like it even more than the Tea Tree. These are fantastic Gents...

slapo and mbarno like this.
  6. mbarno

mbarno Veteran

I’ve also got the clay to try, as well as another black seed one, which has just run out after 6 weeks.

I’m now on to the body soap as well, which I’m enjoying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

slapo and Rowlers like this.
  7. Rowlers

Body soap is next too...

slapo likes this.
  8. mbarno

mbarno Veteran

Did you get the body soap? I’m going to stick with the shampoo bars, but the body soap just didn’t work for me. Just didn’t get me as clean as shower gel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

9. Rowlers

Yeah and I like it. It doesn't lather as well as I'd hoped, but I'll certainly buy again.

mbarno likes this.
  10. halvor

halvor a most elusive fish

Thanks for reminding me! Just ordered two Funky shampoo bars now, replacing the just about finished MW bar. I got the argan/oatmilk and the moringa.

mbarno and Rowlers like this.
  11. Nishy

Nishy Forum GOD! Staff Member

I finished my D.R.Harris Arlington shampoo bar, it took 3 weeks with 2 showers per day. The lather produced is nice and thick. It isn't overly nourishing, which I prefer, nor does it leave the hair feeling dry. Strangely the scent didn't match that of my shaving soap. The shaving soap being more earthy and less citrus than the bar. In fact I would say the shampoo bar provided a strong citrus scent above anything else. Nice container as well, ideal for travel. I am going to use the Windsor shampoo bar, when I return home.

12. Nishy

D.R.Harris Windsor arrived a couple of days ago. Great great great scent! This scent compliments Loewe 7 EDT very well. Usual good performance. That's shampoo sorted.

Rowlers likes this.
  13. Grishnak

Grishnak Guru

So, is this the conclusion of which one is best?

..........for now........

Nishy likes this.
  14. Nishy

MW has a stronger scent and better performance IMO but Windsor smells best and the performance is very good.

Grishnak likes this.
  15. Rowlers

Definetely try funkysoaps too, both the shampoo bars and body bars are first class.. Scents are not as strong as Dr Harris though...

halvor and Grishnak like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice