Completed Seygus brass open comb razor - Finished

sɐǝɹpu∀

riverrun
Thanks to Gustavo aka @Thalasos from ↪Seygus I can offer a pass around of an unusual brass open comb Seygus razor

This razor is a one off with less teeth and larger gaps between them than their normal OC offering. It has a 0.65mm blade gap. It is (currently?) not on sale. The guys at Seygus would like some feedback from us for this razor.

Please read and agree to the following rules and remarks before joining the list:

If you are new to pass arounds, please read ↪this post on how pass arounds work first.

The pass around is not limited to a fixed number of members. I’ll restrict the pass around to members who have been around for at least a little while. Don’t apply with your first post. UK based members only, due to postage costs. EU based members are welcome if they are willing to cover the extra postage.

Because of the value of the razor I recommend sending it by ‘Royal Mail Signed For’ or equivalent. You send the tracking number to the recipient and to me.

The razor is your responsibility from the moment you receive it until the next person receives it. You break it or lose it - you buy it. If Royal Mail loses it, they’ll pay for it.

Don’t hog the razor. A week should be enough time to form an opinion.

Let’s know what you think about the razor. Post your thoughts on this thread. The guys at Seygus would like some feedback, please.

Make sure the razor is shave ready for the next person, i.e. cleaned and disinfected using for example ↪Barbicide. I'm told that toothpaste is a good cleaning agent for this razor.

Thanks to Gustavo from Seygus for giving us this opportunity.

So, who is up for it?

1. sɐǝɹpu∀
The list is open.

Legend: Currently with, On the way to, Waiting, Completed

Last edited:

Dogsmro

Forum GOD!
Can't believe nobody's signed up yet, can I be added to the list please Andreas? not bothered about position number if you want feedback from better known members first.

Looney12345

Forum GOD!
Hi Andreas,

Great pass around... Count me in but further down the line please... I have the timeless coming next week, then have another razor to try out for at least a couple of weeks after that. Then possibly the shick adjustable from TSR... I may drop out of this and try the Seygus instead if that's ok with the boss!

sɐǝɹpu∀

riverrun
Don't miss out on the Schick Adjustable. It's a formidable shaver.

• sɐǝɹpu∀
  • Dogsmro
  • Looney12345
The list is open.

wazza

a dog got personality
hello, great oppertunity to try the razor, thanks guys.

• sɐǝɹpu∀
  • Dogsmro
  • Wazza
  • Looney12345
I'm away with work from the 26th of Sept till the 7th of October, so I possibly should go further down the list?

sɐǝɹpu∀

riverrun
I'm away with work from the 26th of Sept till the 7th of October, so I possibly should go further down the list?
The razor was posted in Spain today, so given the reputations of Correos de España and Royal Mail I'm not expecting it to arrive next week. The pass around order is always flexible. Nobody will be kicked off the list for having a job :D:D
So for the time being:

• sɐǝɹpu∀
  • Dogsmro
  • Rowlers
  • wazza
  • Looney12345
The list is open.

sɐǝɹpu∀

riverrun
The message from Gustavo is that the razor is more aggressive than an R89, but less aggressive than an R41 :confused:
He himself has only used the head in aluminium and it gave a closer shave than their other razors.
If I understood him correctly, nobody has tried the brass version of this head (0.65mm gap - 11 teeth instead of 13) before - it's the first one made and we are therefore the first to test it. :notworthy:
I'm told this is their answer to people asking for something more exciting, without taking your face off. :thumbsup:

Should be interesting. :D