SE guarded blade guide - Mongoose razor

Only ever seen the one from Feather. KAI doesnt have any AFAIK.

After this overview was made, the SoftGuards were introduced, which have tighter guards/more teeth per blade.
Cheers, seen that & was wondering if anyone had compared the Feather & Kai together.

UKRob

Forum GOD!
Have to say that I’ve never seen the point of the Feather guard blade - at the end of the day you are still using a manufactured edge against your face and the make of the razor dictates the blade gap - which determines how aggressive the razor is. Obviously the Super Pro Feather makes a difference because the blade width differs and means that there is more exposure.

In terms of comfort it’s the quality of blade that counts and, in my experience, both Kai and Personna are preferable to Feather although they don’t last as long. But, if you are getting 5 or 6 shaves from a blade, why worry? This is a personal theory, but my opinion is that Feather blades were originally intended for cutting hair and were used for shaving as an afterthought, hence the harshness but longevity.

Feel free to contradict.

p.b

Forum GOD!
Have to say that I’ve never seen the point of the Feather guard blade - at the end of the day you are still using a manufactured edge against your face and the make of the razor dictates the blade gap - which determines how aggressive the razor is
That's true if you only use them in a General, Mongoose or Cobra. I very infrequently use a folding Artist Club razor and I've never been sufficiently proficient to use it without 'stabilisers'. I've used the Kai Pro-touch and the Feather Pro-guard and found them to be very similar. Feather Pro-Soft (I think that's what they're called) proved to be very tuggy.

Holyzeus

Forum GOD!
Have to say that I’ve never seen the point of the Feather guard blade - at the end of the day you are still using a manufactured edge against your face and the make of the razor dictates the blade gap - which determines how aggressive the razor is. Obviously the Super Pro Feather makes a difference because the blade width differs and means that there is more exposure.

In terms of comfort it’s the quality of blade that counts and, in my experience, both Kai and Personna are preferable to Feather although they don’t last as long. But, if you are getting 5 or 6 shaves from a blade, why worry? This is a personal theory, but my opinion is that Feather blades were originally intended for cutting hair and were used for shaving as an afterthought, hence the harshness but longevity.

Feel free to contradict.
I only use Proguards in my Goose, anything else doesn’t work yet I use aggressive razors
YMMV

UKRob

Forum GOD!
That's true if you only use them in a General, Mongoose or Cobra. I very infrequently use a folding Artist Club razor and I've never been sufficiently proficient to use it without 'stabilisers'. I've used the Kai Pro-touch and the Feather Pro-guard and found them to be very similar. Feather Pro-Soft (I think that's what they're called) proved to be very tuggy.
That’s a good debating point with regards to an open razor - and reinforces what I was trying to say. If you use a Pro Guard in an open razor such as the Artist, it really doesn’t make any difference that there is a guard on the blade. If your technique is off, you will cut yourself, and the guard will make no difference whatsoever. It will not affect the depth of the cut or how much it stings, or how long it takes to heal. Stick to Schick is my advice.

p.b

Forum GOD!
you use a Pro Guard in an open razor such as the Artist, it really doesn’t make any difference that there is a guard on the blade. If your technique is off, you will cut yourself, and the guard will make no difference whatsoever.
That’s not my experience. The guard does make a difference because I don’t cut myself with a guard even though my technique is wrong / poor.