Scent of the Day

Dr Watson

James
Put on a sample of Pocket Scents "Lisboa" this afternoon, supposed to be a clone of Creed Bois du Portugal. Was at Mums and she reckons it smells of the 1970s :ohmy: ...She should know, she was there :giggle:

It does have a strong Givenchy Gentleman/Guerlain Heritage vibe, just more powdery and soapy.

Dr Watson

James
DSC_0178-01.jpg

Ever since I first sampled it I've always liked Chanel PM, in fact it became my signature scent for over a year (a long time for those who know me :D )

I recently picked up a vintage "For Gentlemen" bottle, so pre 1989, at least that's when I've read the name changeover happened in the UK (1971 for the USA.) It's astounding how far this current version has drifted from the original, I'm horrified... In isolation they have a passing resemblance but side by side one can truly appreciate what's been lost.

The original is possibly the finest masculine scent ever created, every time I apply it I'm greeted with rapturous delight by all who are in nose-shot (seriously, no exaggeration.) The modern version in comparison is utterly neutered, the PM DNA is present but that sophisticated elegance is now a lifeless corpse, lemon pledge furniture polish top notes with stale cigarette smoke basenotes presented at such a pathetic skin scent concentration that it inevitably smells like you're wearing the clothes you wore to the pub the night before.

RIP Chanel PM, you've been dead a decade at least but I only just learnt of it.