Forum GOD!
Classic Shaving Enoch
Feather Pro
APShave 28mm Silksmoke Summer
LNHC ONE 8.1 shave soap
Juicy Couture Dirty English after shave spray
Juicy couture Dirty English eau de toilette

2B34D567-6D6D-4718-B9CE-EDC125662648.jpeg
Lovely shave. The razor delivered as did the soap with a silky smooth and luscious lather. The JC Dirty English is a super masculine scent that is distinct from anything I’ve tried. A woody, semi-sweeet oud, leather, powdery and tiny bit of citrus concoction. Super delightful but, unfortunately is very short lived. A great day and shaves to all. Stay safe and healthy my wet shaving Bro’s....

Jgreenepa

Forum GOD!
1A526465-AF69-45AE-93BB-FC4575AC7F63.jpeg
85B9DB37-6BED-49D5-B78D-13BB57D74D6A.jpeg

SOTD 04/04/2020

Shaving with an original Gibbs Adjustable is always a treat for me. I own two - a #15 and a #17. Both are in great shape given their age and a joy to use. The only wrinkle is adjusting a modern blade for their use which requires a metal punch. The Gibbs has two metal columnar tabs that sit in the middle of each end of the baseplate. Adapting a blade involves punching out a half circle in the middle of each blade tab, a zen-like activity that I find helps me to begin sinking into that shave fu technique focus that I so enjoy.

For this morning’s shave, I adapted one of my dwindling supply of original Polish Wizamet Super Iridium blades by punching out the necessary slots into each blade tab. After showering, I began the shave with a good cold water rinse. I then added 6 drops of M-Bomb to the MWF. The Jayaruh #378 Rosewood Badger brush had been soaking in warm water during the shower. It generated that lovely MWF cooling paste that was then applied to the shave surfaces and face and dome lathered with plenty of warm water into that thick MWF lather that always softens and prepares the whiskers beautifully.

Setting the Gibbs at 6, I began a slow leisurely WTG first pass. Madame Gibbs delivered the goods, shearing those whiskers right down to the skin line on both face and noggin. After lathering up again and adjusting the razor to 4, I finished up the second ATG pass, and that was all Madame Gibbs wrote, a velveteen smooth BBS. I finished up with Chiseled Face Cryogen AS Splash followed by Cremo Cooling Post Shave Balm. The result was one of those shaves that you always remember, leaving me feeling extremely cool, smoooth, clean and refreshed. Tomorrow I’ll be shaving with a modern artisan razor inspired by the Gibbs, the Rex Ambassador.

RAZOR: Gibbs Adjustable #17
BLADE: Adapted Polish Wizamet Super Iridium
PREP: Cold water rinse
BRUSH: Jayaruh Custom Rosewood Silvertip Badger #378
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by Chiseled Face Cryogen AS Splash and finished with Cremo Cooling Post Shave Balm

Dr Watson

James
DSC_0204-01.jpeg

Omega Via Barberia Aquae
Omega Jade
Muehle Rocca R94
Tatra Blade
Lucido
Hugo Iced

1. This soap is superb value for money, once dialed in the post shave dryness is no longer present (was due to overloading I think.)
2. The V4 Rocca is superb.
3. Tatra blades are also pretty damn good, far better than their cousin, the toothless "Tiger" blades.

chrisbd

Forum GOD!
Pre-shave:- Wrights Coal Tar Soap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Earthenware pot
Br
ush:- Synthetic
Soap/Cream:- Own brew, grated Palmolive shave stick and shaving cream
Razor/Blade:- Parker 96R and Topaz blade (1)
Post/After-shave: Cocoa Butter and night cream mix to keep my allure
Fragrance:- Lacoste

I had been doing a one make of blade, one soap, one razor challenge for a month. Failed miserably, couldn’t stand to use a Zorrick for another shave, swapped to a Topaz, hardly any better. On the basis that I might as well be hung for a sheep as a lamb, also swapped to a shaving cream mix

View attachment 65834
A valiant attempt though, in aid of a good cause. Well done for trying.

chrisbd

Forum GOD!
4 April 2020
Preshave:
Hot water rinse
Razor: Schick Adjustable
Blade: Chick (12)
Brush: Plisson Pure Badger (vintage)
Shaving Soap/Cream: Speick
Aftershave Balm: Nivea Skin Revitaliser 2in1
Aftershave: Speick

Speick soap's citrus scent was a welcome accompaniment to today's sunny start. The combo mowed on to another satisfyingly smooth result, 8.5/10.

Have a good, safe weekend.

Regards,
Chris