Saturday 30 January - Friday 5 February 2021

Palmolive-Fox

Forum GOD!

SOTD : 30th January 2021.

37.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Tingly Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears Lemon ~ Flower Transparent Bar Soap + Nuage Menthol shaving Oil.
Brush: Yaqi 26mm Rainbow Brown Synthetic. (Faux Horse)
Face & head Lather.
Face: wtg, xtg, atg,+ pick ups.
Head: wtg, atg, + pick ups.
Lather : Ach Brito Mogno Shaving Soap.
Blade : Derby Premium. (1)
Razor: Ming Shi 2000s (Settings) 2. wtg, 2.5 xtg, 3. atg+pick ups.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Thayers ~ Rose Petal Witch Hazel./Boots ~ Freshwood ASB.

Greetings,

(Face & Head Shave.)

A new shave set up to start the weekend....Maiden shave with the Ach Brito Mogno Shaving Soap a belated Christmas present to myself i ordered in between Christmas & new year which i have only got round to try out.

The verdict?...let me say straight off it's lathering performance is superb. I applied the soap like a shave stick to my face & head.. The Yaqi Faux Horse synthetic brush created a wonderful slick protective lather in a short space of time with no issues of drying out or dissipating inbetween each pass leaving a wonderful post shave feel to my mature mug & precious swede.

Scent wise to my nose it's a classic manly 'old school' clean aquatic/ woodsy fragrance, which isn't 'in your face' but enough to be present throughout the shave...All in all, a wonderful non-expensive shaving soap of which i highly recommend. I look forward to using it again in future shaves
It's been a while since i last shaved with the derby premium blade...When i first ventured into the wonderful world of traditional wet shaving i still remember the horrible experience with a derby extra blade which resulted in giving me a nasty bite i was a little apprehensive using the derby premium on my first use but after the first few seconds of starting the shave i now know if a blade is suited to my skin type the derby premium i find very smooth with no tugging issues with a smooth efficient edge, which is slightly different to it's sibling the derby Extra, however thinking back now, i'm 100% certain it was my lack of technique & shaving confidence that resulted in the nasty bite. Since then i have shaved with the Derby Extra's with no more nasty shaving experiences from them to date...

The derby premium paired together very comfortably with the very efficient Ming Shi 2000s, using the lightest of touch, both the razor & blade was a smooth duo slicing through my face & head stubble with effortless ease.

A enjoyable close comfortable /near BBS face & head shave with no errors to report....Finishing the shave off with a small dollop of Boots ~ Freshwood ASB.

My face & precious swede are feeling smooth & smelling divine.😉

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen. 😎

Last edited: