MPF9

Forum GOD!
Fri 5th March

RR 400. SE Plissoft noir
P & B Pall Mall
RR Hawk V3- OC
Kai Captain Titan Mild Pink ( 3 )
Floid Vigoroso A/S Lotion

I am quite enjoying this Razor/Blade combo as It delivers without any hassle nice relaxed Shaves, with a consistently good finish.

EB8F5917-2BA0-44B9-86CC-4B76FFE03A17.jpeg

Last edited:

Kevy

Forum GOD!
20210304_164529.jpg

SOTD

Pre: Hot Shower
Soap: Ta-Fat
Brush: Semogue 1305
Razor: Timeless Bronze
Blade: Supermax Blue Diamond (2)
A/S Brut Sport Style
Balm: EAD Post Shave Balm

First time using Tafat which is a mixture of Tabac and Mitchell's Wool Fat. Two stellar soaps combined to make this a really enjoyable shave. The Semogue 1305 is just breaking in so I loaded heavy and the lather was amazing. Dense, thick, creamy with a lovely rounded scent from the soap.
First outing for the Timeless bronze razor too.a stunning piece of craftsmanship. This has a blade gap of 0.38mm but it didnt feel too mild and was super comfortableto use. Extremely smooth and done the job it was intended to do. I think the extra weight in this razor makes it feel more efficient.
A couple of little tingles on the neck from the alum but overall a great shave to kick off the weekend.
Have fun whatever you're doing...which is probably nothing...lockdown...shitetv...

Optometrist

Forum GOD!
05/03/21
Pre: Shower
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia 24mm
Soap: OSP Orange and Patchouli
Razor: Blackland Brass-bird
Blade: Astra SP (2)
Post shave: Cold water rinse, TC's Orange and Neroli Infused Witch Hazel
Balm: Barts Balm Rosemary and Sandalwood Balm
Aftershave: OSP Orange and Patchouli
View attachment 87166
I find the Brass-bird smoother than the SS version, it really is probably all in my head, therefore, this was kept and the Stainless was adopted by @Scorpio93
3 passes for a comfortable BBS finish.
A very nice shave finishing with the matching OSP splash.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All
Not in your head. I'd totally agree that the brass is smoother, as does Celestino, too.

churchilllafemme

Forum GOD!
Friday AM 2021-03-05
Air brake patented, 1872

Rooney Stubby 3XXL Ivory Finest (32/52)
Czech & Speake No. 88 shaving soap
Haircut & Shave P075-SB Mixed Metal Black/H&S Copper
Polsilver Super Iridium (11)
Guerlain Vétiver aftershave

I hadn't used the C&S soap for quite a while. Its lather was a bit thin, without a lot of cushion, but very slick, and the H&S razor and blade were really smooth. The aftershave was excellent when layered with Trumper Portugal EdT.

vartik

Head shaver

• Razor : DS Cosmetic DS-D.8
  • Blade : Gillette 7 O'Clock Sharp Edge
  • Brush : OUMO 4th gen synthetic 28mm
  • Soap + AS : Los Jabones de Joserra - Rodrigo de Jerez
Well, well! A new razor arrived today and I was very excited to try it. You know that feeling when you stay in front of a mirror with the lather on your face/head and a brand new tool in your hand, considering whether the razor will live up to the hype and everything you read on the internet will come true or you will finish the shave disappointed. I love it! First few strokes insinuates that it will be good but sometimes you finish the shave swallowing bitter saliva. Timeless Ti 0.68 was one of those shaves for me. I read so many praises all over the wet shaving forums and for some reason, this razor didn't click with me. The fact that I paid a lot of money for it didn't helped.
In this case, I'm not disappointed at all. It's interesting because shave with this cheap Chinese razor bears many common features with the one with previously mentioned Timeless Ti 0.68. The one difference here is the price. As I said, I paid alot (for me) for the Timeless, and over the time I was dreaming about it, I idealized it and was expecting ALOT. I expected the ultimate razor and I didn't get that (not even remotely).
With 27 € I paid for this one, I didn't expect anything. I didn't really care if it will be good and smooth or nothing like that. And that is a good thing, because you can get only pleasantly surprised with that state of mind. And I am!
This razor is mild. Like really mild. I would say even milder than Tatara Masamune (which is currently my mildest razor). This is about R2 on the Rockwell scale or mild like Timeless Ti 0.68. Yeah, mild but comfy as hell! You can swish that thing all over your face/dome without any fear of cut or irritation. This isn't a razor for those that like efficiency. This one is for those with sensitive skin and those that doesn't like blade feel. I don't belong to any of those groups. I like variety and can appreciate both ends of the aggressivity spectrum and this one will represent the mildest one in my small collection :)
I'm looking forward to getting know better each other with this razor.
Rant over :D

Last edited: