Saturday 19 September - Friday 25 September 2020

AlfredoT

Forum GOD!
2020-09-25, Friday

Today, 79 years ago, my parents got married in Milan, during the war and I don't even know which was the church where the beginning of my end was formalized.

The bride and groom, still innocent of the misdeed that would have been perpetrated on Christmas night four years later, are getting ready to go to refreshments, strictly at home, before going on their honeymoon, a destination chosen on the basis of the possibility of eating well and satiety: a small village near Turin where, after about 20 years, food was still excellent.
They lived in Genoa which, at that time, was perhaps the main Italian port and, as such, bombed almost daily.

How they managed without a wedding planner remains, for me, an absolute mystery!

Today, their little boy celebrated a new brush, an exceptional razor and a soap that is suitable for the climate: it rains abundantly, so much so that I cancelled Friday's audience with my fans.

Even the EdT is pleasantly autumn and my groupies don't know what they missed!

Sapone PS: Valobra Mandorla
Sapone: Eufros (Jabonman), Zanzibar
Pennello: Simpson's, Commodore X3, BB
Rasoio: Gillette, Super Speed ’40 Style
Lametta: Polsilver, Wizamet
AS 1: MilMil, Figaro Gel
AS 2: Lab. Lirici, Brancapozione AS
EdT: Vicious, Accidia
ST: Chet Baker, Strollin', 1985

MPF9

Forum GOD!
Fri 25th Sept.

Jayaruh Syn.No67
Vitos Super Red
Schick Repeater C1
Schick Proline [ 1 ]
GB Grey Flannel A/S Lotion

Finished this rotation off with one of my earlier Schicks , an Open Comb c series. Though the Repeaters look intimidating , provided that you use a Take Care/No Rush technique they deliver a smooth/comfortable Shave, with a finish as good as my best Injectors, today my cheeks were left extremely smooth. Must use the Repeater more often.

IMG_1045.jpg

SkyWarrior21

Forum GOD!
SOTD - Friday, 25 September 2020 | Sample-killing September

• Prep: Splashes of cold water
  • Brush: PAA The Starcraft 24mm Roswell Hybrid Synthetic
  • Razor: Merkur 34C
  • Blade: Gillette - Astra Superior Stainless (2)
  • Lather: Fitjar Islands - Folgefonn - Cream
  • Post Shave: Fitjar Islands - Folgefonn - Balm
  • Post Shave: Proraso - Menthol and Eucalyptus - Aftershave

N0ggie

Forum GOD!
Razor: King C. Gillette
Blade: Ladas Super Stainless
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3 (Synth)
Pre Shave: King C. Gillette Beard & Face Wash
Lather: RazoRock 'What The Puck?!' Lime Burst
Post Shave: Bull Dog Sensitive Aftershave Balm
Fragrance: Hugo Boss Unlimited

20200925_170223.jpg

Early evening shave today. Seen the Ladas cropping up on the SOTD's lately so I thought I would give one a go.
The KCG loaded with a new Ladas was an excellent choice, very smooth in this low aggression razor.
Going light tonight with a 2 pass, refreshing DFS.

Last edited:

culcreuch

Forum GOD!
Shaves of the week 19th to 25th September

Managed to have my first break in 6 months in Angelsey.

For the first couple of days......

Vie Long/AP Shave Cashmere - Eco Warrior Shave Bar - Broman SE/GSB - Segno EDP

For the rest of the week.......

Simpson Eagle 3 = Mitchell's Wool Fat - Broman SE/GSB - Segno EDP

The Eco Warrior soap was used as a shave stick. Really good stuff. It will be a regular.
Rather surprising to me....the Broman gave 7 stellar shaves on half a Gillette Silver Blue blade.
An added bonus was that because we were totally private....I could take photos outside without neighbours thinking I am mad!