Forum GOD!
Razor: Muhle R89
Blade: Astra Superior Platinum
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Pre Shave: Dermalogica Special Cleansing Gel
Lather: RazoRock 'What The Puck?!' Orange Sunrise
Post Shave: L'Oreal Men Expert Hydra Sensitive Soothing Daily Moisturiser
Fragrance: Aaron Terence Hughes - Blood Orange

Well the R89 & Astra today wins over yesterdays Envoy & Rubie pairing for the smoothness. This was a great shave.

Yesterday was an ordeal, that particular pairing was rough. New blade too.
Even XTG it was digging & grabbing into the stubble. Forcing more cap riding than I usually do, it still didn't really want to play.
The lather was just not up to the job for the combination. Twice now I have failed recently to prep Fine American Blend properly.
Anyway today has more than made up for all that.

Last edited:

chrisbd

Forum GOD!
22 January 2021

Preshave:
Hot water rinse
Razor: British Gillette Rocket HD 1953/54
Blade: Astra SP (3)
Brush: Proraso Boar
Soap/Cream: Vreto medley (Bay Rum/Lavender/Citrus Mix) + Palmolive Cream
Aftershave Balm: Nivea 2 Phase
Aftershave: M&S Woodspice Burgundy

The last dregs of soap are dried and tired so I boosted mix with a dollop of Palmolive Cream, a budget cream that punches well above its weight. The resulting slick foam took this very effective razor/blade partnership to an easy, bloodless BBS+, 9.5/10.

A fine, sunny Friday here. Thoughts are with those suffering the after effects of storm Christoph.

Regards,
Chris

RussellR5555

Forum GOD!
Friday's Shave

Pre: Argan Oil Soap
Soap: Black Ship Grooming Thomas Tew
Razor: Gillette Aristocrate Delux 1956 (Or though i am sur eit is a 46)
Blade: Gillette Black
Brush: 28mm Boti with Maestro Knot
Splash: Hega Upsala
Balm: Bart's Unscented
EDT: Chanel Pour Monsieur

Lots of New things today , a new brush it would be easier with this one to measure the brush bump as I reckon there is more Glue than free bristle, good job I bought it for the Handle :) .

The Aristocrat I have had for a little but never used and the soap was kind gift from a friend on the forum.

20210122_102729 2.jpg

Charcoal

Soothsayer of the Obscure
Sotd 22-01-2021
Lupo .95SB with DLC Halo handle
Software Tabac
Gillette London Bridge
RazoRock 400 Noir
View attachment 84258
I hate to ask because I know the answer already and it will only provide incentive to buy more blades.
What’s your take on that blade. London Bridge is one I haven’t tried. It’s seems like one I do well with. Please tell me it’s horrible and you got em as a gift from your wife and are obligated to use them.
Thanks

RazorMcRazorface

Cardinal Biggles
I hate to ask because I know the answer already and it will only provide incentive to buy more blades.
What’s your take on that blade. London Bridge is one I haven’t tried. It’s seems like one I do well with. Please tell me it’s horrible and you got em as a gift from your wife and are obligated to use them.
Thanks
Well, I have to say that I hate the Blades. In fact I hate them so much that I bought 400 of them by now, so nobody else has to bother with them.