Forum GOD!
15/6/19

Soap - Palmolive Menthol Cream
Brush - Yaqi Mysterious Blue Fan Tuxedo
Razor - Lord L6
Blade - Treet Classic
Post - Witch Hazel/Nivea Cooling Kick Balm
AS - Akcay Tobacco Cologne

It's my second time using the Palmolive Menthol cream, and the first time I used it I picked up the worst cut to date in my duration of shaving and it was on my mind during today's shave! So I was pleased today to end the shave with no claret spilled, a minor success! The Palmolive Menthol cream really is exceptional, I'm really impressed with how little cream managed to create more than enough for lather for 4 passes (I only did 3 passes) and the post shave feel is excellent, much like the regular Palmolive cream. I'm liking the Treet Classic blades, not the sharpest blades out there and they don't have much duration but I do quite enjoy the face feel of using carbon steel blades from time to time.

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
MWF
Alpha Shave Arctic Fox
EJ 3ONE6
Lab Blue [1]
Floid AS
Jaguar for Men EdT
Bulldog AA Moisturiser

Lots to write about today.... I'll start with the Fat, awesome. Straight from the storage box, dry for months. Dipped the brush in water and lathered. Easy peasy.
The Razor:
is a lovely looking bit of kit. Similar tot he Feather DE in terms of fit and finish, satin textured finish. Like it... It is MUCH more aggressive than the DE89. More than the Gamechanger .68... But no where near the face peeling feel of the Rocca. It is a smooth shaver, not as smooth as my current fave the Zeppelin, but it more than satisfactory. It is efficient too, along the lines of the Rockwell 6 plate.
If your looking for a mild razor like the Pils, Feather, then this is not the razor for you. If you want something to compliment them to up the efficiency now and again, for the money, it is a very good bet.
It is a keeper for me.

The Brush handle:
Love the handle, comfortable, flawlessly finished, lovely weight.
The Knot:
Lovely soft tips, massive backbone set as ~51mm, like the Simpsons Chubby Synth, only with softer tips. I think the Simpsons maybe splayed more easily and had less fling, but it was just too "pokey" for me. As it is, the Arctic Fox is a little too stiff and has too little play at ~51mm. I will up it a little for its next run out. I'm confident that it will loosen up with a couple of extra mm of loft.

Jaguar for Men Edt - Blind buy as it was on offer at £12 on Allbeauty. It really is a great cheap smelly. It reminds me of Paco Rabanne Pour Homme.

Last edited:

Yehuda D

Forum GOD!
Saturday morning:

Razorock Plissoft 26mm Monster
Super Speed/Astra Green day 7
Hamol SC
Prep ASB
Aqua Velva Ice Blue AS Splash

Now that I have a brand new back up I’m able to enjoy my current tube of Hamol more often and there’s everything to enjoy about it. Two small dabs on my face and my Plissoft whipped up so much lather that five guys could have shaved and the scent which is so nice filled the bathroom. This cream also gives a mild menthol sensation that feels great. I can’t say enough good things about the Prep because I love it so much, and although my wife hates the scent of the Aqua Velva she knows it’s in my rotation to stay. Another perfect two pass BBS shave that was so much fun!
C8862BF6-3B92-40C0-AEF0-31DB9FCA24D5.jpeg