Saturday 11 April - Friday 17 April 2020

RussellR5555

Forum GOD!
Friday's Shave

Another lovely shave with the Blackbird , Really like the feel of this Razor in the hand and the Shave is Efficient and Smooth.

Preshave: Argan Oil Soap
Razor: Blackland Blackbird
Blade: Feather
Soap: Signature Soaps Vectis
Brush: 30mm Cadman Synthetic
Splash: Speick Active
Balm: Bart's Amber and Jasmine
EDT: Copycat Executive

20200417_104512 2.jpg

wimmie

Wim
Razorock Game Changer 0.84
Gillette Rubie

Abbate Y La Mantia Buttero
Razorock Plissoft
Wimmie Bowl

Thayes Witch Hazel
Abbate Y La Mantia Buttero aftershave

I always knew there was Chianti, Pizza, Gebo Gelato

But when you add to that; Extro Legno Di Sandalo, Saponificio Bignoli Carlo Sandal Indiano and today
Abbate Y La Mantia Buttero the verdict is in; the Italians have it!

I´m moving to Italie.

So @AlfredoT Make the guestroom ready, empty three bedroom closet drawers for my shaving gear … and one for my clothes.

Your gonna have ‘a man about the house’!

I’ll ask the Mrs. Permission while having a cold beverage, she's always more indulgent then.

buona serata a tutti yeah, yeah, I'll work on my pronunciation

https%3A//i.imgur.com/y41g8y1.jpg[/img]']

AlfredoT

Forum GOD!
Razorock Game Changer 0.84
Gillette Rubie

Abbate Y La Mantia Buttero
Razorock Plissoft
Wimmie Bowl

Thayes Witch Hazel
Abbate Y La Mantia Buttero aftershave

I always knew there was Chianti, Pizza, Gebo Gelato

But when you add to that; Extro Legno Di Sandalo, Saponificio Bignoli Carlo Sandal Indiano and today
Abbate Y La Mantia Buttero the verdict is in; the Italians have it!

I´m moving to Italie.

So @AlfredoT Make the guestroom ready, empty three bedroom closet drawers for my shaving gear … and one for my clothes.

Your gonna have ‘a man about the house’!

I’ll ask the Mrs. Permission while having a cold beverage, she's always more indulgent then.

buona serata a tutti yeah, yeah, I'll work on my pronunciation

https%3A//i.imgur.com/sb71jU2.jpg[/img]']https%3A//i.imgur.com/y41g8y1.jpg[/img]']
Do not work on your pronunciation: work on your luggage! ☝

I'll be happy to accommodate you: shall I post the price list either here or you prefer to get it privately? 😏

Half board? Full?

In case you plan to kidnap our Prime Minister... it'll be free, plus a consistent bonus: 1,00 € per Italian should make something around 60KK... 🙄🙄

Jgreenepa

Forum GOD!
35E801B2-3895-4BCB-A5CD-28CB231BA782.jpeg

SOTD Friday, 04/17/2020

This is my last shave with the Aluminum TAR. My shave today - 48 hrs after my first shave - was designed to see if longer whiskers would have any impact on the utility of this razor for me. The answer is no, even with a fresh Suneko blade, and even with my stalwart, MWF. I even fell back on PAA’s Preshave Soap. It’s clear to me that heavy razors are my preferred shaving tool.

The shave itself, after the first two passes (WTG, XTG) set on 6 and 4, was not going the way I like. So I removed the blade from the aluminum TAR and installed it into the brass model set on 4. What a difference! I realize Tom will never be producing these razors, but I would buy this brass model if it were available in a second! That third ATG pass did the trick. It sheared right through my whiskers, and left me with my desired BBS.

I understand how some of my predecessors on this pass around liked the aluminum model. My preference is clearly the brass model due to its weight. In fact, if I owned it, I know it would become my preferred adjustable. I really like the open comb head design and it’s weight which make shaving with it for me a joy! Not having to think about my tremors makes this razor a winner for me.

RAZOR: Aluminum TAR (passes 1&2) Brass TAR (pass 3)
BLADE: Suneko(1)
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by PAA’s Preshave Cube Soap
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by Thayers Lavender WH and finished with Fine Accoutrements Snake Bite AS Splash followed by Cremo Cooling Post Shave Balm