Saponificio Varesino Tundra Artica matching cologne?

Scuba Steve

Forum GOD!

Bob Vdr

The only one I can think of is Tom Ford's Oud Wood. They're somewhat complementary scents and do go together very well.

Blackmass

Forum GOD!
The only one I can think of is Tom Ford's Oud Wood. They're somewhat complementary scents and do go together very well.
Thanks for the tip. I do have a sample of TF oud wood. I was also recommend the ADP oud on another site which I find smells very similar.

I tried the ADP and on the dry down it does get in the same ball park. It's just missing something....The search continues.

Blackmass

Forum GOD!
Reviving this thread as I have news.

Some time back I bought a brush from @Sid James Being the kind and thoughtful chap he is, he also included a very generous decant of Acqua Di Parma Ambra. I tried it at the time and although I did like it I found it a little heavy for me. Time pasted and tried it a couple more times and it really grew on me.

On Saturday I fancied using Tundra Artica as I hadn’t used it in ages. When I opened the box the scent hit me and I had an eureka moment. I dug out the Ambra decant and gave it a sniff and it’s pretty close. The Ambra is much deeper and richer than Tundra Artica but it’s the closest I’ve got.

It’s very expensive but I would highly recommend buying a sample to try. When I’m feeling flush I will be buying a full bottle.
ADP have just changed the packaging to their 'Ingredient Collection' (dark brown bottles) so there might be some discounted offers on the old packaged bottles?

As a side note: I used the ‘new’ Tundra Artica’ aftershave splash/balm and I much preferred it to the original version. I didn’t like the original as I found it left my skin very sticky. I gave the original away to @Dr Watson who really liked it. I’ve recently read he doesn’t like the latest version so go figure?

@Mr Bigmem @halvor @Acer89 @ChrisVanMeer
@TomG

Cheers
Rob

New packaging:
o.64037.jpg

Last edited:
I really like Tundra Artica, Rob! Mind you it's the only full SV soap I've used but love the scent and performance.
I have been pairing it with Jacques Bogart "Oud Edition" which I love! It's a great scent for the price.
Cosmo.. not so much

Dr Watson

James
Reviving this thread as I have news.

Some time back I bought a brush from @Sid James Being the kind and thoughtful chap he is, he also included a very generous decant of Acqua Di Parma Ambra. I tried it at the time and although I did like it I found it a little heavy for me. Time pasted and tried it a couple more times and it really grew on me.

On Saturday I fancied using Tundra Artica as I hadn’t used it in ages. When I opened the box the scent hit me and I had an eureka moment. I dug out the Ambra decant and gave it a sniff and it’s pretty close. The Ambra is much deeper and richer than Tundra Artica but it’s the closest I’ve got.

It’s very expensive but I would highly recommend buying a sample to try. When I’m feeling flush I will be buying a full bottle.
ADP have just changed the packaging to their 'Ingredient Collection' (dark brown bottles) so there might be some discounted offers on the old packaged bottles?

As a side note: I used the ‘new’ Tundra Artica’ aftershave splash/balm and I much preferred it to the original version. I didn’t like the original as I found it left my skin very sticky. I gave the original away to @Dr Watson who really liked it. I’ve recently read he doesn’t like the latest version so go figure?

@Mr Bigmem @halvor @Acer89 @ChrisVanMeer
@TomG

Cheers
Rob

New packaging:
View attachment 52048
Great you finally found something close Rob, I know it's been a long search :D

I actually tried the entire ADP line yesterday whilst in Space.NK. Well, I say entire line but they didn't stock Ambra? The original is far and away the best to my nose, I could live with Assoluta but apparently it's now discontinued! Was shocked by Pura which smelt like fabric conditioner lol, a real mixed bag that range.

Completely correct on the SV aftershaves, they've ruined them for me, oh well plenty more fish in the sea :)

Blackmass

Forum GOD!
Great you finally found something close Rob, I know it's been a long search :D

I actually tried the entire ADP line yesterday whilst in Space.NK. Well, I say entire line but they didn't stock Ambra? The original is far and away the best to my nose, I could live with Assoluta but apparently it's now discontinued! Was shocked by Pura which smelt like fabric conditioner lol, a real mixed bag that range.

Completely correct on the SV aftershaves, they've ruined them for me, oh well plenty more fish in the sea :)
Thanks for the heads up on the Assoluta it's one of my favourites. I guess I need to stock up.

Try to get your nose on Ambra I think you'll like it.