Saponificio Varesino alternative

wintoid

Out of control
I love the performance of SV soaps, but the scents are faint and "not obvious enough" for me. Is there another soap that performs very similarly to SV but has a better selection of scents? Bonus points for being vegan, but not necessarily.

I have the usual suspects from Wholly Kaw, A&E, Murphy McNeil, Oleo, Barrister, MDC etc. I do love the MDC scents particularly, but SV performs better for me.

Ventastic

Über Member
Obvious smelling performing hard soap —> tabac

Extro Cosmesi is on the soft side and is strongly scented.

R181

Grumpy old man
Yea, Tabac for sure. If you can't smell Tabac you are olfactory impaired. Great performing soap for me.

Bob

wintoid

Out of control
I love Tabac, and the Fine range too.

Extro Cosmesi, I don't know but will investigate, thanks!

Pattorashu

Senior Moment
I wish their body soaps were more accessible in the US. They're fantastic.

Haven't tried their shaving soap, but Arko if you like the scent, Tabac, Catie's Bubbles, and Stirling.

snackgoblin

Pannacrema Nuavia, does not lack in scent strength, and gives excellent lather; I have also had good luck with Siliski Soaps, which I believe to be the best artisan vegan option...

I must also agree with the Catie's Bubbles suggestion, wonderful performer and hearty scents...

2LabDad

I think the SV soaps are THE BEST. I keep trying others...lots of others, but I always come back to Dolomit, Stela Alpina and Arctic Tundra...... best subtle scents and amazing performance - and they seem to last forever. For my $, SV is the all time winner. But i got a lot of new stuff coming tomorrow so my opinion may change......:wink:.

wintoid

Out of control
Extro - not for me
Next, will try Signature I think :) Would be nice to support a British artisan.