rose based shaving creams

pjgh

Forum GOD!
Paul, totally agree with rose scent and performance. Have you tried the aftershave and lavender based Herbs of Bulgaria?
Yep! Both rose and herbs, both creams and aftershaves. As with the performance of the rose, the lavender is the same. Damn good products, much overlooked.

The aftershaves are slightly cooling, not too alcoholic and very clean finishing.

Electrif

SE la vie
Yep! Both rose and herbs, both creams and aftershaves. As with the performance of the rose, the lavender is the same. Damn good products, much overlooked.

The aftershaves are slightly cooling, not too alcoholic and very clean finishing.
Thanks Paul, the rose AS is en route from Bulgaria, Herbs on my list.

Uncle Sam

Rose of Bulgaria performs well but it does NOT smell like the traditional rose scent that the English makers use. It smells pleasant but it's its own unique fragrance. If you didn't live across the pond, I'd send you the half tube or so I have remaining. I love T&H Rose but they chose to quit making it. I have a sample of the Salter Rose and it's pretty nice fragrance but I haven't shaved with it yet. Have not tried the GFT or TOBS versions but I have the GFT Coral skin food and it smells terrific.

Gairdner

Forum GOD!
TOBS rose smells darn fine. A proper old English rose scent but performance is middle of the roads IMHO. Lathers so very easily but there are slicker, more protective products out there.

JAYDEE

Israeli Ambassador to ATG
found the same on other forums hence my reluctance to buy-rose of bulgaria seems another well received cream-any experience
Truthfully, the Rose of Bulgaria (to me) doesn't smell rosy at all. Its scent is odd although I must say that it performs great and it has very soothing, moisturizing skincare. Menthol is listed as an ingredient but I don't notice any cooling effect.

Jeff

daveinsweethome

Forum GOD!
we have an artisian outside Portland Oregon who uses Bulgarian rose and makes a killer soap. just forgot her name though. maybe Russian or Chezk

halvor

a most elusive fish
we have an artisian outside Portland Oregon who uses Bulgarian rose and makes a killer soap. just forgot her name though. maybe Russian or Chezk
Saint Charles, is it? Remember someone mentioning the rose aftershave a while back. No int’l shipping, not even nonalcoholic products...