Romera Brushes?

Blackmass

Forum GOD!
Seen as my last thread on buying a Chubby didn’t go to well. I thought I’d ask you your thoughts on Romera as a business and their brushes? I like the look of some of the handles (see link below) but unsure on what grade of hair to go for? Either the Manchurian or Premium Silvertip? I thinking of going for a Fan shape too?

Look forward to hearing from you soon.
Cheers
Rob

http://romera.es/en/customized-shav...rian_finest_fan_26mm_/2-handle_material-briar

Optometrist

Forum GOD!
Gustavo's work is excellent and the Manchurian knots are superb. Incredibly soft and scritch-free. I did try a Silvertip when Gustavo first introduced the knots, at his request for my opinion, on the understanding he would swap it for Manchurian, later, if I wanted to. Being used to Manchurian, I didn't like the lesser backbone and did have it changed. I can highly recommend the Manchurian. It's definitely softer than even the softest of the Simpson Manchurian batches.
If you do decide to go ahead, be prepared for a wait of approximately 2-3 months, although I haven't ordered anything in the past year and that may have now changed.

Blackmass

Forum GOD!
Gustavo's work is excellent and the Manchurian knots are superb. Incredibly soft and scritch-free. I did try a Silvertip when Gustavo first introduced the knots, at his request for my opinion, on the understanding he would swap it for Manchurian, later, if I wanted to. Being used to Manchurian, I didn't like the lesser backbone and did have it changed. I can highly recommend the Manchurian. It's definitely softer than even the softest of the Simpson Manchurian batches.
If you do decide to go ahead, be prepared for a wait of approximately 2-3 months, although I haven't ordered anything in the past year and that may have now changed.
Thank you for the detailed response.:okay:
The Manchurian sounds favorite to me.
Have you tried his Fan knots?

I'm getting used to waiting for things lately. I've been waiting for the Blackbird razor and a Straight Razor for nearly two months....I'm running out of patience TBH.:rolleyes:

Optometrist

Forum GOD!
Yes, I only go for fan or hybrid knots. I tried a bulb, but sold it fairly quickly. I didn't feel it was as dense and his fan knots although I've only tried the one.

Here is a 32mm Dark Horn Fan, together with the 28mm Blonde Horn Bulb which I sold.

Last edited:

Blackmass

Forum GOD!
Yes, I only go for fan or hybrid knots. I tried a bulb, but sold it fairly quickly. I didn't feel it was as dense and his fan knots although I've only tried the one.

Here is a 32mm Dark Horn Fan, together with the 28mm Blonde Horn Bulb which I sold.

Great, thank you. They look great. I'll get one ordered. The sooner the better by the sounds of it.

Last edited:

Quique

Forum GOD!
I bought a Manchurian Finest Fan 24mm and set it in a Frank Shaving handle
Set at 47mm loft
Amazing knot, very soft and gel tips

Gustavo has a only problem, you must have patience. If you ask ordered a custom brush, may be two or three months. If you choose a ready to ship brush, may be faster

20161006_153040-01.jpeg
tapatalk_1478536381571.jpeg

MPH

Forum GOD!
I have 3 of his knots set in WolfWhiskers handles. They differ a fair bit, but all are great.

A while ago people had some issues with the handle or setting quality but hopefully these are over now. Personally I love his knots so just buy those and set in other handles as and when I can.

AndyC

Forum GOD!
Have to agree with what has already been said, the knots are fantastic and a real joy to use. The bulb's are a little less dense compared to the fan knots, but they are all very soft with very good backbone. I have owned quite a few Romera brushes and the wait times are really random. I think it just depends on what he has available, I've had custom ones take a week and 'In stock' brushes take months to arrive, so like others have stated - Patience in required, the longest i have had to wait was 6 months.

I'm currently down to 3 Manchurians, a bulb 26mm set in an El Druida barbepole handle, 28mm Fan Rustic Chubby and a 30mm fan Anniversary horn edition.

EDIT: Oh and if you do decide to get one, use the code TSN for a discount

Last edited: