Rex Supply Co. The Envoy Stainless Steel 3 Piece DE Razor

Shavemd

Not sure why you would make a razor that is identical to 1 level on your adjustable especially when you can pick up the adjustable on a BST for only a few dollars more

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
Yeah very nice indeed. I've tried the adjustable, but cannot recall how aggressive I found it...

sev-8

Guru
Not sure why you would make a razor that is identical to 1 level on your adjustable especially when you can pick up the adjustable on a BST for only a few dollars more
I haven't tried the Rex, but seems unfair to compare the new price of the Envoy to the used price of the Rex. If the Envoy showed up on BST at $75 (which it might), would it then be right-priced compared to the used Rex?

Wayne

Forum Sod
I haven't tried the Rex, but seems unfair to compare the new price of the Envoy to the used price of the Rex. If the Envoy showed up on BST at $75 (which it might), would it then be right-priced compared to the used Rex?
I own the adjustable and honestly if it is level 3 it will be a very niche market in my view. I'd prefer the adjustable from BST as I'd have to dial it down, it will be a very nice shaver no doubt but the blade exposure is wrong for me as even at it's lower levels it is aggressive I shave with med aggressive razors like Nodachi, Dart, Blackbird, Wolfie 0.74 the Rex is easily more likely to bite than any of my others and in my hands needs care in use.

wintoid

Forum GOD!
What's the min/max range on the Rex? I'm used to Fatboys which go up to 9, so if 3 is too aggressive for most people, are there a load of even higher settings which no one will ever use? Just curious.

slantman

Forum GOD!
Aggressiveness equal to the Rex Ambassador set at #3 Blade gap .025 which to me is middle of the road mild. Beautiful razor and probably worth 125 usd

Boycie83

Veteran
What's the min/max range on the Rex? I'm used to Fatboys which go up to 9, so if 3 is too aggressive for most people, are there a load of even higher settings which no one will ever use? Just curious.
Rex range is 0-6. This is entirely subjective but I use a Fatboy/Slim on 5 and the Rex on 2-2.5 depending on blade.

chris.hale

Forum DOG!
Staff member
Aggressiveness equal to the Rex Ambassador set at #3 Blade gap .025 which to me is middle of the road mild. Beautiful razor and probably worth 125 usd
Are you saying that you’ve tried the Ambassador and found it mild at 3 or are you basing that on the gap?