Remy Latour Cigar

Dr Watson

James
Anyone used this stuff? It's very inexpensive (£15/100ml) all the online reviews say it smells far more expensive than it has any right to.

268033.jpg

halvor

a most elusive fish
I’ve got one. It’s a fruity, fresh tobacco. I don’t see the cigar reference some speak of, which to me means more musty and dry.

Wouldn’t say it smells expensive and it’s not the most complex of scents, but it’s quite pleasant and something I can put on precisely when not ready for anything demanding. Just spray and go, kind of, whether dressed in suit or casually.

Dr Watson

James
Thanks Halvor. Personally I'm not really bothered whether a scent smells expensive or not, it just kept coming up in the basenote reviews so perhaps that's more of a concern over there.

Fresh, fruity tobacco sounds interesting... What kind of longevity do you get? Not looking for a beast but if it vanishes with a stiff breeze I'll pass :happy:

I've tried it a few years ago, James and don't quote me on this but it did remind me of Burberry London..
If you're looking for a nice, cheap tobacco scent..I can suggest Jacques Bogart Pour Homme. It's strong and long lasting has a tonka cherry tobacco vibe..the only downside is it's one to wear occasionally as it's a bit "linear" and quite strong..but very nice indeed.

Some real gems in that house..and cheap. I believe Halvor,@halvor a man of impeccable taste had a bottle Jacques Bogart "Signature" in one of his SOTD's.
That's another great scent.

Dr Watson

James
I've tried it a few years ago, James and don't quote me on this but it did remind me of Burberry London..
If you're looking for a nice, cheap tobacco scent..I can suggest Jacques Bogart Pour Homme. It's strong and long lasting has a tonka cherry tobacco vibe..the only downside is it's one to wear occasionally as it's a bit "linear" and quite strong..but very nice indeed.

Some real gems in that house..and cheap. I believe Halvor,@halvor a man of impeccable taste had a bottle Jacques Bogart "Signature" in one of his SOTD's.
That's another great scent.
Thanks Chris, I shall investigate Bogart... Interestingly, an Indian frag reviewer on Youtube said the Remy is like a weak cross between Bogart and Burberry, having smelt none of these it doesnt mean much to me :happy: I'll have to see what I can find to sniff in town to give me some sort of reference.