Recommendation!

pearse85

Forum GOD!
First year on the safety razor, xmas around the corner so i have asked the oh for a nice razor. To date i own a de89, gillette tech, fatip, and have just tried the masumune nodachi razor.
Now..... i think im going to stick to a mild, smooth razor and im looking for recommendations?
I love the aesthetics of the masumune so perhaps the original fits the bill?
Will probably buy used and have £100-£120 to spend, so lets hear it guys.

Wayne

Forum Sod
Mild and smooth. I think one of the razors that springs to my mind and happens to be super value for money is the Rockwell SS. It comes with three base plates, each one double sided giving six levels of aggression. This means you can really dial it in to your exact liking. It's a little forgotten these days but it remains a really great razor, if you don't like the bead blasted finish then the chrome version is cheaper and in my view even smoother. Well worth a look into.

pearse85

Forum GOD!
Mild and smooth. I think one of the razors that springs to my mind and happens to be super value for money is the Rockwell SS. It comes with three base plates, each one double sided giving six levels of aggression. This means you can really dial it in to your exact liking. It's a little forgotten these days but it remains a really great razor, if you don't like the bead blasted finish then the chrome version is cheaper and in my view even smoother. Well worth a look into.
Cheers wayne, will have a look into it.

Blademonkey

Forum GOD!
If you are going to buy used and you like mild and smooth I can recommend (a) Feather AS-D2 or (b) Pils razor, both mild and smooth razors and within your budget. :) P.

DamianJ

Forum GOD!
The DE89 was one of my first razors and one I used fora long while on it's own. I also prefer mild razors and would recommend the Rockwell 6C or the stainless version 6S. I use my 6C regularly on plate 3 and it's great. I'm also really enjoying my ATT Calypso R1, I haven't tried the M1 yet though.

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
My revelation this year was the Occems Nano. Three plates so you can dial it in mild, medium and aggressiv. Works fantastic for me with a Kai Pink or a Feather guard. After 3-4 months use I haven’t cut myself once and get BBS every time.