reading books at night in bed, anyone?

• Thread starter Deleted member 2936
  • Start date

Vacumatic

Testy
You tried converting onto ebooks?

I think ebooks are good but nothing beats the feel of a book in your hands and actually turning the pages
There is also the thought that book will live forever and perhaps long after an Ebook is readable.

I also like the thought that children are read to from a book and that we give a book as a gift, is this too old fashioned ?

Eta autocorrect changed Ebook to Ebola !

D

Deleted member 2936

There is also the thought that book will live forever and perhaps long after an Ebook is readable.

I also like the thought that children are read to from a book and that we give a book as a gift, is this too old fashioned ?

True say about the gift aspect

Also I think it's an investment to buy books too, if you look at the prices of books compared to ebooks it's like half the price, obviously if anyone wants to live the minimalistic lifestyle it makes sense getting an ebook reader and ebooks as books can take up a lot of space

Chris

Forum DOG!
Staff member

No, I agree with you. However my leather-bound, hardback edition of the collected works of Lovecraft, lovely though it is, is an unwieldy tome and just flat-out impractical to read in bed. Plus it will injure me if I doze off and drop it on my face.

Vacumatic

Testy
No, I agree with you. However my leather-bound, hardback edition of the collected works of Lovecraft, lovely though it is, is an unwieldy tome and just flat-out impractical to read in bed. Plus it will injure me if I doze off and drop it on my face.
I commend you on Lovecraft, there was a Californian group named after the writer which prompted me to buy an HP Lovecraft book but found it hard going to read, as bad as Conrad, a friend of mine cannot read Agaha Christe by contrast, ABC murders was the first grown book that I can remember reading, I was about seven years old at the time and started me of on detective novels.

Grarea

Forum Plod
hey people so i like to read beds when i'm in bed at night but the thing is i get a lot of pains in my arms/hands,
sorry if this sounds stupid but i was wondering is there any gadgets or anything i can use to help hold the book or anything like that?

like i've got a mobile phone neck holder, which you can use to hold the phone whilst laying in bed, so was wondering if theres anything for books?

this is what i mean in regards to the phone holder if you're not sure as to what i mean

p.s sorry wasn't sure where to post this
How do you read your book that it gives arm and hand ache?
I lie on my side and rest book/arm against the bed.
I generally buy cheap used paperbacks so that I can fold them back.
Or, cheap used hardback books which kind of hold themselves up.
(I mention the cheap and used bit because I am then not worried if I bend the pages or cover or anything.)

slapo

It's... alive!
My first kindle was the last generation of Kindle Keyboard (which I think was actually the second generation Kindle).
It was quite surprising that it smelled like ink.

I also found that the physical buttons it had were quite nice. I admit that while I like the smell of some paper types, I have never developed a paper feel fetish some people seem to have.
With books that are well bound, it's not a problem, but with some with e.g. binding too stiff or fragile, buttons have 'em beat.

arlopez

Forum GOD!
Actually, nowadays I tend to do most of my reading late at night, and lord is the kindle a blessing. I can read on my side as I did with my phone and fall asleep....🤣🤣🤣

D

Deleted member 2936

Get a kindle i’ll email just about any book you want
FREE
or get the kindle app for your phone/tablet & i’ll show you how it works
pm me if you want to try
its islamic books i can download but theyre mostly in pdf format,
when i had a kindle years ago, which was one of the keyboard ones the format wasnt nice to read on the kindle