Razorock SLOC 2.0

slapo

It's... alive!
Does anyone know whether there have been any updates on when it's going to be available?

Missoni

Fellow Traveller
Does anyone know whether there have been any updates on when it's going to be available?
It is showing on Italian Barber's site, but sold out, surprise!. I suspect the same as many of their other offerings, released in batches...

slapo

It's... alive!
It is showing on Italian Barber's site, but sold out, surprise!. I suspect the same as many of their other offerings, released in batches...
Yeah, that's always a bummer. It's rather surprising how quiet every had been about it so far.
If the shaves close enough to the PAA Ascension, I might buy a bucket.

slantman

Forum GOD!
I have one on the way. Should take about a week or so to arrive. I have had the Yaqi razor which is very similar and several Phoenix Shaving DOCs. All pretty good shavers. The head on the V2 is milled aluminum and the handle 316 stainless steel.

Missoni

Fellow Traveller
I have one on the way. Should take about a week or so to arrive. I have had the Yaqi razor which is very similar and several Phoenix Shaving DOCs. All pretty good shavers. The head on the V2 is milled aluminum and the handle 316 stainless steel.
...would be great to read your thoughts on the razor in due course...

slapo

It's... alive!
Well, I'm utterly unhinged this month. I have ordered one when I saw it on sale on the IB website yesterday.

slapo

It's... alive!
Mine arrived today.
First impressions: nice head... slippery handle even though it's dry.
First shave... probably tomorrow.

slapo

It's... alive!
Shave's done early. I reaslly like the razor head. The handle is OK, but I'll likely swap it.
the head is very efficient and very smooth, too. It's a lot like the PAA Ascension in this regard. More shaves needed, but so far I'm pretty chuffed.

Zhang Doe

Forum GOD!
slapo, pictures would be great if you have them. Sometimes the pictures on Italian Barber are for older versions. Not a fan of the SLOC 2.0's flat-bottomed base plate as seen on the website. The SLOC, presumable 1.0, in the IAMCBD video further up, looks more to my liking ... the curvature is similar to the look of the PAA Ascension Twist.