Pass Around Razorine

p.b

Forum GOD!
OK - this isn't really like me but I really can't be arsed with this razor. I'm going through a lot of personal turmoil at present and this is clearly affecting my patience to use this razor but I'm finding it awkward to handle and manoeuver. I also found my folding Feather Artists Club awkward at first but the shave experience was different enough from a DE or GEM or Cobra to justify the investment.

However, this shaves just like a normal DE so why bother with the awkwardness when I can simply pick up my Blackbird or Rex or Guerrilla and have a stellar shave? I'm not enjoying the razor and that is probably a function of effort in and results out. I'll give it one more try tomorrow with a sharper blade.

p.b

Forum GOD!
I tried it with a Wizamet Polsilver and had a fairly close shave but now I've got my Vector I really can't be bothered with the Razorine. It's too much effort and I find the head a little too wide and awkward under the nose. I managed to get a very close shave under my chin and up my neck which impressed me, but not enough to make more effort to learn this razor.

I do not feel that I've given this razor the chance it deserves which is a result of the combination of my personal circumstance and the arrival of my Vector. If you fancy trying something a little different that's not much harder or different than a DE then why not give it a go?

ajc347

Forum GOD!
I received the Razorine’s today and mixed feelings about them.

The good:

1) Shave quality with a Super Iridium was great.
2) Blade angle is quite intuitive and easy to find.
3) No nicks or weepers.

The bad:

1) Cheaply finished.
2) Very difficult to get a reasonably good blade alignment on the plated version and impossible on the brass version.
3) The handle is very strange and made for some uncomfortable contortions when trying to shave with it.

It strikes me that a lot of issues could be improved with tighter tolerances and a better way is securing the blade as the top cap bars and the corresponding baseplate indentations at far to shallow.

So far it feels like a novelty item you’d get in a high end Christmas Cracker and not a serious shaving implement.

The packaging is a great touch though.

Hopefully my view will change as I use it more over the next few days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gianni75

I received the Razorine’s today and mixed feelings about them.

The good:

1) Shave quality with a Super Iridium was great.
2) Blade angle is quite intuitive and easy to find.
3) No nicks or weepers.

The bad:

1) Cheaply finished.
2) Very difficult to get a reasonably good blade alignment on the plated version and impossible on the brass version.
3) The handle is very strange and made for some uncomfortable contortions when trying to shave with it.

It strikes me that a lot of issues could be improved with tighter tolerances and a better way is securing the blade as the top cap bars and the corresponding baseplate indentations at far to shallow.

So far it feels like a novelty item you’d get in a high end Christmas Cracker and not a serious shaving implement.

The packaging is a great touch though.

Hopefully my view will change as I use it more over the next few days.

hi, I am vastly improving from next batch, alignment and polished got perfect!
It is much more than a Christmas craker, a lot of men around the world use it everyday with extreme satisfaction!

Attachments

ajc347

Forum GOD!
A few more shaves in with this razor and I’m still struggling to get it to work as effectively as I would like.

I suspect that this is a razor which requires a steeper learning curve than I originally expected.

When you find the right angle and the right blade it works very well. When you struggle to find the correct angle it doesn’t. I guess, in this respect, it’s no different to any other DE or SE razor.

I sport a goatee and found that this often got in the way when trying to use the razor, so there is every chance that this may well have hampered my experience of using this razor somewhat.

For me the chromed version definitely felt significantly better than the brass version.

The plating helped improve the looks of the razor and the tolerances were much tighter. It was easy to ensure an even blade exposure with this version. I wasn’t able to get an even blade exposure with the brass version at all.

I’m hopeful that Gianni has been able to solve this issue with the newer version he’s mentioned in his post above.

There are a couple of other areas where I think this razor could be improved.

The first would be to have a slightly thicker and shorter handle. This would, in my opinion, make it much easier to manoeuvre and control the razor.

The second would be to make the head a few millimetres thicker. This would enable deeper blade retaining lugs to be used. This would, I believe, hold the blade more securely and be the key to getting consistently uniform blade exposure.

All-in-all, I think the chromed version would be my choice between the two razors were I to choose to purchase one.

I’d like to thank @Gianni75 and @Looney12345 for the chance to try out this razor on the pass around. It certainly has been a very interesting experience indeed. [emoji846]

ajc347

Forum GOD!
I’m trying to work out who’s next on this list?

I have a feeling that everyone who was below me has now withdrawn?

K

Kev.88

Just looking on shave station and they don’t have any brass ones in stock.
Does anyone know of anywhere else you can buy them in the uk?
I did read on this thread that @Gianni75 was on about selling them on amazon as well

ajc347

Forum GOD!
Just looking on shave station and they don’t have any brass ones in stock.
Does anyone know of anywhere else you can buy them in the uk?
I did read on this thread that @Gianni75 was on about selling them on amazon as well
As far as I am aware, Shaving Station is the UK distributor.

I know you can buy them from a site in Italy or from Gianni directly.