Raw Shaving RS-10 / RS-18

Just to say that crazy second market does exist because of people who want it to exist...
I also think the last pieces have been bought by people who are interested in (such stupid) profit.

Bugdoc

Forum GOD!
Well I got one several months ago, the RS-10 with both plates. It is a very nice, well made razor with excellent fit and finish. It does share design features of the Blackbird but how many truly different designs of the DE head can there be? As you would expect it does provide an excellent shave. Was it worth $350? Obviously the market has said no. Was going to sell it until Avi closed shop, plan on keeping it but do not expect the value to go up. It is not a Tradere or BBS.

JAGS009

Forum GOD!
Well I got one several months ago, the RS-10 with both plates. It is a very nice, well made razor with excellent fit and finish. It does share design features of the Blackbird but how many truly different designs of the DE head can there be? As you would expect it does provide an excellent shave. Was it worth $350? Obviously the market has said no. Was going to sell it until Avi closed shop, plan on keeping it but do not expect the value to go up. It is not a Tradere or BBS.
There have been quite a few posts suggesting the price will go up. It's this speculation that leads to people hoarding on to stuff and others paying stupid prices for an otherwise not so expensive or sought after product. I had always liked the presentation of Raw Shaving products but never took the plunge because of the high entry cost. I would personally feel it unjustified for people who would want to flip it on forums to make few more dollars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 2076

I don't get the people complaining about the price. If you buy a Timeless with top of the line components (all polished, scalloped top cap, OC baseplate) then you're paying already $250 for the razor itself, and another $110 for the extra baseplate. A polished Blackbird or a SS Charcoal with both baseplates is $320 also.

The RS10, quality wise, is a step above all these imho.

Last edited by a moderator:

JAGS009

Forum GOD!
I don't get the people complaining about the price. If you buy a Timeless with its top of the line components (all polished, scalloped top cap, OC baseplate) then you're paying already $250 for the razor itself, and another $110 for the extra baseplate. A polished Blackbird or a SS Charcoal with both baseplates is $320 also.

The RS10, quality wise, is a step above all these imho.
I don't own any of these razors either...they are expensive too...[emoji13]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FX67

CB1389B5-E9B8-40FD-B1BB-D41454DF68E6.jpeg
I agree with a price and quality assessment. While price is high it is not that much different from similar offerings from Timeless and ATT. Cost of design and small production is high, none of them are making killing on razors and while it would be nice to have it cheaper, they need to recoup the cost and make some profit. Razor itself is fantastic and stand head to head with the very best of them. Presentation wise it is above any that I have, and with their presentation box is well above. Their stands are whole different ball game from anybody else, they just ridiculous. Big chunk of steel, beautiful and thought through well. Have no clue how much would cost to produce it, but it is not cheap. Sad that Avi had to close the business, I had nothing but great dealing with him.

Last edited:

chris.hale

Forum DOG!
Staff member
Timeless polished (SB, smooth cap) = $215
ATT Windsor polished = $210
PILS polished = $251
Blackbird polished = $230

Raw RS-10 = $325

That's almost $100 over all the rest and I don't see where the extra's going. The box is nice but at the end of the day I'd rather have the razor shipped in sturdy cardboard that I wouldn't have to pay extra for and then feel obliged to keep.

I never wrote some words because a lot of things has been just said as well. But I wanna say RS-10 is my holy grail. This is the best DE I have ever tried (with the Karve F). I'm very impressed. I prefer the mild baseplate to the aggressive one. I don’t notice much difference between them though.
It's the equivalent of the Paradigm SE, yet much more efficient - especially with a Feather blade.
How-you-feel-the-blade and how-the-razor-shaves are close to the Wolfman WR2 SB in my opinion.

Last edited:
I never wrote some words because a lot of things has been just said as well. But I wanna say RS-10 is my holy grail. This is the best DE I have ever tried (with the Karve F). I'm very impressed. I prefer the mild baseplate to the aggressive one. I don’t notice much difference between them though.
It's the equivalent of the Paradigm SE, yet much more efficient - especially with a Feather blade.
How-you-feel-the-blade and how-the-razor-shaves are close to the Wolfman WR2 SB in my opinion.
I agree! Which gap on the wr2 would you compare to the rs-10 mild? I had a .95 wr2 and found it comes short in efficiency with respect to the rs-10 mild plate.