Raw Shaving RS-10 / RS-18

Holyzeus

TSR reject
Two more things yet.
RS-18 owners will not able to get rubber strips …
Recently Avi offered RS-10 in Ti. Only 11 buyers send him deposit. Price was USD550,- for razor with two baseplates. Wolfman Ti razor cost CAD600, it is USD450,- but with one baseplate. So I think we can say these razors are similar priced and both are similar top level. Can´t understand why are Wolfman razors sold out within minutes and in Ti RS-10 was really interested only 11 people ...
Apparently he will be able to supply the strips for a couple of years

Two more things yet.
RS-18 owners will not able to get rubber strips …
Recently Avi offered RS-10 in Ti. Only 11 buyers send him deposit. Price was USD550,- for razor with two baseplates. Wolfman Ti razor cost CAD600, it is USD450,- but with one baseplate. So I think we can say these razors are similar priced and both are similar top level. Can´t understand why are Wolfman razors sold out within minutes and in Ti RS-10 was really interested only 11 people ...
Wolfman is an established trend. Now many guys into wet shaving follow trends at first. We can see the same for the shaving soap section (look at BM, Talbot or The Holy Black and look at APR). Plus RS was not able to communicate via social networks to establish itself as a new reality. Shane at Blackland is doing the right thing at the moment. But if he will not show some very LEs, then he'll be out in a few times (look at Timeless or ATT for example). Wet shaving is going to be too big, it will work only through LEs, rare items etc. (simply marketing thought for rich people). My opinion.
Sorry for my bad explanation, I hope you can get my point. I'm writing via my smartphone while I'm running and thinking to other things at the same time.

Holyzeus

TSR reject
I felt it looked too similar to Shanes offering myself, others might have thought the same and possibly hurt his sales?
Also and again only IMHO the Wolfman bubble has burst a bit

I felt it looked too similar to Shanes offering myself, others might have thought the same and possibly hurt his sales?
Also and again only IMHO the Wolfman bubble has burst a bit
Yeah, probably that too.
About Wolfman: it's burst a bit of course (WR1). But looking at the WR2... not at all. Why? New product made by Wolfman. Awlays available? No. So: I want it!

Petronius

Legendary Member
Wolfman is an established trend. Now many guys into wet shaving follow trends at first. We can see the same for the shaving soap section (look at BM, Talbot or The Holy Black and look at APR). Plus RS was not able to communicate via social networks to establish itself as a new reality. Shane at Blackland is doing the right thing at the moment. But if he will not show some very LEs, then he'll be out in a few times (look at Timeless or ATT for example). Wet shaving is going to be too big, it will work only through LEs, rare items etc. (simply marketing thought for rich people). My opinion.
Sorry for my bad explanation, I hope you can get my point. I'm writing via my smartphone while I'm running and thinking to other things at the same time.
I fully agree with you, these are my thoughts also. Just was surprised and can´t understand (till today) ridiculously low amount of people who were interested in Ti RS-10 ...

motto

Guru
This is bad indeed. The RS-10 is just a beautiful and very efficient razor, I am feeling lucky to have one in my den. Avi was a true gentleman to deal with. I will miss these top shelf items.

A few words about the RS-10 TI.
When Avi sent out the messesge for a possible run of 100 RS-10 in TI the basic requirement was that at least 50 people subscribe his list and pay a deposit of 50% of the salesprice (USD 550.-) up front, There where 54 people on the list when Avi sent out the invoices for the deposite. Out of these 54 only 11 payed the deposit which caused that Avi canceled the TI batch. Avi refunded my deposit right away but In the end the story was a bit disappointing.
Regards Marco

chris.hale

Forum DOG!
Staff member
They’re just too expensive otherwise I’d have bought the RS10. Others are doing machined stainless for significantly less, IMO he simply priced himself out of the market.

Wolfman are only getting away with it because of rabid demand.

ajc347

Forum GOD!
I’ve just seen the news of their closure and whilst I agree with the comments regarding the price, I must say that I am pretty shocked and saddened that Raw have closed up shop so quickly.

My RS-10 has a lot of emotional meaning attached to it so it’s something I’d never sell.

It’s a shame that more people won’t get to use such an excellent razor without having to dig very deeply into their pockets as the price is sure to skyrocket in the near future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jimthecamera

Forum GOD!
the raw 18 is a superb and very efficient razor-personally not a fan of plastic bits on a razor -but liked my raw 10 so much -decided to buy one-and not at all disappointed -very efficient razor smooth and very clean cutting 2 pass shave each and every time and strips last much longer than the estimated 3 months so running costs are negligible-as long as company keeps on going!!

DrewG

Legendary Member
Absolutely gutted to hear the news, my RS-10 gets used almost daily, and yes it’s very expensive, but I’m so glad I got one. This razor is not about hype, it’s about function and quality that’ll last a lifetime

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jimthecamera

Forum GOD!
agree-heard that avi-has now ceased production of all Raw razors-glad i bought both the raw 10 then also the raw 18 - as they will soon become very hard to find- even second hand-as new stock is already all sold out in the usa- and i do not imagine a huge amount were ever produced- more of an artisan maker-sad that he has not just kept manufacturing and selling these are they are at the top of their game-i love both of mine