Rate the last film you watched

2/10

Utter tripe from Rob Zombie.

5 people get kidnapped and become part of a murder competition.

Like battle royale meets hostel but with the worst acting you've ever seen.

Darkbulb

Member #10
Ghostbusters (2016)
Now, as with so many other "re-makes" I didn't think there was a need to make one of this classic move. Having said that the movie itself wasn't as offensively bad as I had expected it to be. Good acting and some nice special effects.
6/10 I say.

Electrif

SE la vie
Last 2:
Captain Phillips 8/10
Edge of seat good. Barkhad Abdi was pretty menacing and Hanks, perfect, as usual.
The Imitation game 8/10
Cumberbatch is a great character actor. And Keira Knightley,surprisingly played a pretty good part.

Darkbulb

Member #10
Mechanic: Resurrection (2016)

The movie was your Statham 101 movie and felt like the plot was very much laid out on tracks for you.
Not bad, just predictable and maybe a little bit too familiar.
Jessica Alba looked amazing though.
6.5/10

Len

Forum GOD!
The Neon Demon:

9/10 Best film I've seen of 2016. Writer/Director Nicolas Winding Refn continues to improve as the best visual/cinematographic director alive today. Every single frame is a piece of art that could be framed. The story is brutal, gritty and stunningly beautiful, and quite metaphysical in an age when metaphysics is shied away from. It is a film that will haunt your mind in imagery and contemplation days and weeks after being seen. Uniquely, the psychological brutality of this film is from the point of view of the dark side of the feminine archetype, focused mainly on women, as opposed to the dark side of the masculine, that we have been over-saturated with in art and media. The only weak spot of the film is that the dialogue is occasionally slightly forced and stilted. Otherwise it would be 10/10. Highly recommended, and a must see film for anyone who appreciates an understanding of the human condition, deep thinking/soul searching, and great art.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1974419/

Last edited:

ManicDee

póg mo thóin
All the Way (2016)

Very powerful movie about Lyndon Johnson
who becomes the President of the United States in the chaotic aftermath of John F. Kennedy's assassination
and spends his first year in office fighting to pass the Civil Rights Act.
Bryan Cranston is Brilliant and it's a great topic.
9.5 out of 10

jb7

Bloke
Star Trek Beyond for me too... I'd agree with Redd's sentiments... was ok, but not as good as I was hoping for. No real tension between the villian and our heroes, just another largely forgetable baddy intent on destroying the Universe, any twist was really 'meh'.. Just can't beat the Wrath of Khan for a show down with real depth and purpose (Star Trek II - the original).