Public Service Announcement - Australian Private Reserve

Mrchick

Handsome Avatar
I'll be honest, I do make a lot of my wetshaving buying decisions based on what I read online, and this thread, alongside the TSN thread with Dan's ridiculous responses have firmly convinced me never to buy any APR product. Of course I take things with a pinch of salt too, but when an artisan threatens to contact a customer's workplace to badmouth him, that clearly crosses a line and tells me all that I need to know about APR
I agree. I won’t be spending any money at APR.

HMan

Forum GOD!
Three months ago this Australian Private Reserve guy publicly insulted Ryan at Tallow & Steel during a T&S AMA (question and answer) mercilessly.

Absolute and total degenerate.
Where can I find this? Anyone trashing Ryan is immediately off my list.

I've been wanting to pick up some more APR aftershaves, I have Suitably Attired Summer and love it, but the truth is in the artisan game, it's all about the relationships. I like buying from people I like that make products I like.

Last edited:

nervosa1901

Forum GOD!
I have been following some conversations on Reddit and as recently as this week, Dan is stating to others that he fully refunded my money and paid me extra to make me go away. He is also making claims that I threatened to destroy his company. Neither of these claims are true.

He keeps spreading lies, trying to get others on board with them in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary. He truly is the Donald Trump of wet shaving.

Chris

Forum DOG!
Staff member
Maybe I’m missing something but there was heat on both sides of that exchange and it seemed to start after several people got skin irritation from a soap, Dan suggested it was because it contained higher than recommended levels of cinnamon and then Ryan responded to confirm that was the case and that he didn’t follow the guidelines. I admit that Dan's been a total arse in other encounters but this doesn’t seem to be trashing anyone.

Agravic

Forum GOD!
I'll be honest, I do make a lot of my wetshaving buying decisions based on what I read online, and this thread, alongside the TSN thread with Dan's ridiculous responses have firmly convinced me never to buy any APR product. Of course I take things with a pinch of salt too, but when an artisan threatens to contact a customer's workplace to badmouth him, that clearly crosses a line and tells me all that I need to know about APR
If the fellow wanted to be especially forceful and irrational, he should have threatened to contact the customer’s spouse.