Premier league 2017/2018

RSSO

SOD of the day
Ok lets me hear your thoughts, who is going to win it this year.
Think that this year will be between Manchester City and MU

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Lann

Forum GOD!
I agree with you @RSSO both those squads have the most depth. Although Spurs, Chelsea Arsenal Liverpool and Everton will be up there or there abouts. With the transfer window still open more additions or players leaving could stir things up a bit.
As a Man United fan I would love to see the team putting in a sustained title challenge and a good run in Europe. Spurs have a great first choice team but if one or more of those have a long term injury they perhaps will run into problems also playing at Wembley could be a factor. Chelsea should, as Champions, be a considered a contender although there are definately in house problems atm. If they sort that out they will challenge if not, it will be yet another new manager for Roman.

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
It's a tough one to predict. Man City aren't going to win IMO it's between Man Utd, Arsenal and possibly Chelsea. As a Spurs fan I would love to consider us as contenders but as a Spurs fan I am always objectively pessimistic.

Thug

Let's talk about 6, Baby.
Very hard to tell who will win the Premiership this year. Any of the top 6 stand a good chance but the money that both Manchester teams have spent will have to yield results otherwise some heads might be on the chopping block.

I'm hoping that Liverpool improve on their 4th last season but unless we sort out our defence, no matter how good our attack is, we'll concede unnecessary goals and points.

Boru62

Shaving Boar
No one team stands out for me, and I don't fancy any of their chances in Europe.
Maybe I'm just being pessimistic.

Barry1963

Easily Led
Ok lets me hear your thoughts, who is going to win it this year.
Think that this year will be between Manchester City and MU

I tend to agree that it will be between the two Manchester clubs this season. And as a Spurs fan I'm, as Nishy put it, naturally and 'objectively pessimistic'. What with playing at Wembley, I would settle for top 4.

dadant

Forum GOD!
My own basket case of a club (Chelsea) should be challenging but I fear that if and when they get it together it may be too late as Costa is a huge and possibly irreplaceable loss. Money spent does indicate the two Manchester clubs should be in primary contention but it's rarely that clear cut so I fancy Spurs to carry on the good work and be up their challenging. I've always felt Lukaku is a flat track bully only capable of scoring against the poorer sides so I guess well find out if he can do it with better service and City's new inmates will need time to adapt to the EPL and Pep's methods, the equaliser is all the top sides have European commitments which favours those with higher quality squads. Arsenal to do well then capitulate when it really counts.

Shavebadger

Forum GOD!
I think it's going to be close....

But I see united , arsenal and city fighting for it this year..

I think matic was an unbelievable signing for united...if love to know who at Chelsea thought that was a good idea as i would be asking if I could buy his Porsche off him for the price of an old Citroen

The top 4 will be tight as anything this year!! If Liverpool lose little phill and sign kieta and Virgil they will make top 4 I think..

Who do you guys think will be going down?

Lann

Forum GOD!
Brighton, Newcastle and Crystal Palace. I know it sounds mad but I think Huddersfield will stay up - I think their manager has something about him. However, that is still not as mad as thinking that you can get Palace playing like Ajax!!!

dadant

Forum GOD!
I think matic was an unbelievable signing for united...if love to know who at Chelsea thought that was a good idea as i would be asking if I could buy his Porsche off him for the price of an old Citroen
This was a done deal quite a while ago hence Chelsea's eagerness to quickly sign a replacement in Bakajoko for yes you guessed it £40 mil. It was little reported but Matic refused to renew his contract hence he was training at home during Chelsea's summer tour so he'd probably been tapped. Long term it's a good deal for Chelsea getting a younger more dynamic player as a replacement, short term it clearly isn't as he can make Utd tick.

RSSO

SOD of the day
This was a done deal quite a while ago hence Chelsea's eagerness to quickly sign a replacement in Bakajoko for yes you guessed it £40 mil. It was little reported but Matic refused to renew his contract hence he was training at home during Chelsea's summer tour so he'd probably been tapped. Long term it's a good deal for Chelsea getting a younger more dynamic player as a replacement, short term it clearly isn't as he can make Utd tick.
Also didn't know that, nice info.

I don't have favourite team in PL bat I have one team that I hate and that is MU.
Why? Cant even remeber why bat it stayed that way for many years. Bat if we are considering what teams have done so far MU is ahead , bought Matic and Lukaku players who dont need mutch to adapt and have great team from last year. Do hope I'm wrong...

dadant

Forum GOD!
Wow, was just hoping to see some signs of life so really didn't expect that much after last week, tbf that's how Chelsea play against the better teams especially away. Soak it up and hope for a few special moments from some special players.