Post Your Dream Car(s)

Mr Bigmem

Forum GOD!
Man this was my favorite car as a child growing up. I always thought I would buy one when I was older, but then I discovered other cars. Still a great car though. :)
The 76 Mexico was my year car I used to long for lol and the Aston was the car I longed for from my top trumps cars pack

les24preludes

Legendary Member
Have you driven both of them? VW more fun to drive?
Yep - drove both. Very, very similar to sit in and drive. Golf had a touch more class and better suspension. Otherwise a toss up between them. The Corolla has the better reliability record and comes a little cheaper used. I also liked the Fabia and Toyota Avensis. Didn't care for Peugeot, Renault Clio, Mazda 3, Seat Ibiza, Vauxhall Astra or Ford Focus/Mondeo. I was surprised how little I liked driving the Fords - hard suspension, slightly odd driving position and uncomfortable seats. But the Corolla and Golf were instantly a hit, both felt nice. Since I like the Fabia I'd like to try the Octavia, but they rarely come up used in lower mileage. I've also considered a Nissan Almera but not driven that either.

Rufusdog

Forum GOD!
Yep - drove both. Very, very similar to sit in and drive. Golf had a touch more class and better suspension. Otherwise a toss up between them. The Corolla has the better reliability record and comes a little cheaper used. I also liked the Fabia and Toyota Avensis. Didn't care for Peugeot, Renault Clio, Mazda 3, Seat Ibiza, Vauxhall Astra or Ford Focus/Mondeo. I was surprised how little I liked driving the Fords - hard suspension, slightly odd driving position and uncomfortable seats. But the Corolla and Golf were instantly a hit, both felt nice. Since I like the Fabia I'd like to try the Octavia, but they rarely come up used in lower mileage. I've also considered a Nissan Almera but not driven that either.
Seeing their so close in your assessment I’d opt for the Corolla on the basis of reliability. My last three cars have been Toyota/Lexus and they gave years of trouble free driving: my Camry was 13 years old when I traded, my Lexus RX300 was 18 years when I retired it and my Lexus IS300, my current car, is going on 16 years. I owned all three from new and they were/are serviced by the dealer only.