Polsilver Alternatives

DamianJ

Forum GOD!
After trying several types of blades in my first couple of years of DE shaving I settled on Voskhod and Polsilver as my favourite blades. I'm looking for suggestions for a blade with similar performance to them in particular the polsilver.

I've retried astra platinums over the last couple of shaves and have enjoyed them.

Any other suggestions for blades to retry?

halvor

a most elusive fish
Nothing can measure up to Polsilvers in my book. But as far as I can remember, Silver Blues aren't half bad. And Perma-Sharps are held in high regard by quite a few.

Btw, I am always surprised when hearing of people's favourites being Polsilver and Voskhod. To me they are more or less diametric opposites. I'm a Petersburg guy through and through.

DamianJ

Forum GOD!
Do you mean blades made in St Petersburg?

Yeah I like the voskhod and polsilver for different reasons. Thanks for the suggestions, I'll try check out the silver blues.

PLANofMAN

Retro Razor Junkie
I haven't seen Ladas mentioned yet, so I'll throw those out there. I think they are a little sharper than the Astra SP's, while being just as smooth. I would put them on par with Polsilver Iridiums.

I thought I liked Voskhod blades, but then did a one month challenge with them, swapping to a new razor each day. By the fifth day, I decided I didn't like Voskhod anymore. They might be smooth, but for my beard, they were not sharp enough. They get tuggy quick.

halvor

a most elusive fish
Do you mean blades made in St Petersburg?
Indeed, that was my point. Gordy provided a list of which blades are from Moscow and which from St Petersburg a good while back and I had bit of an epiphany then. Will see if I can find it.