Review Phoenix & Beau - Sanskrit (Batch: SSSA014)

• Thread starter Deleted member 1881
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 1881

So, I had to make a review for the discontinued soap... with 7 days of growth.

Equipment:
Maggards Slant Head / Parker 97R Handle
Gillette 7 o'clock Super Stainless #3
Yaqi Moka 2Band 26mm

Scent: Very complex, not sure it is my liking, quite mild when applied on the face, but strong as hell from the puck.

Lather: (No soap bloom). Ok, I may don't know well how to use a 2Band, I'm not really a fan anyways. I flicked out almost all the water from the knot, and start loading by adding dribblets of water. The brush after a minute or so, seemed full so I started face lathering. But... The lather didn't have any sheen or great density, and although there was enough coverage, I didn't like it. I got mad and washed it off of my face and the brush as well. Second try, with almost dry brush, I attacked the puck and load very heavily. I added two or three drops of water, very carefully and kept loading. The soap went into the stringy/chewy gum mode, (now that's what I'm talking about!).
I brought the brush on my face and this darn thing just exploded! Great dense lather and as I was adding more water, it became super slick.

Performance: First pass and the slant glided with ease and took no prisoners. The residual slickness was phenomenal, damn king @phoenixandbeau what have you put inside(!), and what surprised me, was that it had this fantastic layer of snail trails without the addition of water. Even one of my super slick soaps, Southern Witchcrafts needs water to activate its residual glide. A star for me to be honest this one. Second pass XTG, I was out of lather, not sure why, so I attacked the puck again. The slickness was out of the universe, the protection was there, I didn't remember the Sanskrit being so slick, wow.. Fantastic second pass, some stubble left behind. Third pass ATG, the slant wanted to bite but this devil wouldn't allow such thing, I changed the angle because I started to be afraid, Sanskrit told me to keep buffing, so I kept. The slant started digging into my skin so I stopped. The result: Almost BBS even in my difficult areas (double chin), no weepers, no bleeding, no rough skin.

Post Shave: Dear Lord, it was top notch. Better than B&M Excelsior and Southern Witchcrafts for sure, almost similar with Icarus from Declaration, there was a feeling that I had put invisible powder on my face, the softness was beyond the normal levels. Tussah Silk, Allantoin and Shea Butter did their job Kerry!

Now, I'm definitely waiting some samples from the new base.

Thanks for reading and thanks Kerry for this gem in the right price, I paid 13 euros for it in Greece. Just unbelievable.

PS @phoenixandbeau Any recommendations about my lather with it would be useful..

Last edited by a moderator: