Phoenix & Beau LE 2017

phoenixandbeau

Forum GOD!
@phoenixandbeau any news or updates on how you are getting on would be appreciated
Cheers, Burry
Absolutely and sorry for not keeping you all in the loop. In essence I'm unhappy with all iterations to date and unless I can nail it I won't be releasing the LE. I'm giving myself until the end of the month in order to find a further version I'm happy enough with to send to @Nishy. I'll keep you all posted, Gents.

Have an excellent weekend, everyone.

Kerry.

Burry

Forum GOD!
Absolutely and sorry for not keeping you all in the loop. In essence I'm unhappy with all iterations to date and unless I can nail it I won't be releasing the LE. I'm giving myself until the end of the month in order to find a further version I'm happy enough with to send to @Nishy. I'll keep you all posted, Gents.

Kerry.
Thanks for the info - I'm keeping my fingers crossed it works out. I think you are absolutely right to only release it if you are happy with it.

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member

Kerry.
I'm with you on this decision Kerry, if we can't work out the shisha scent can we do a complete u-turn and go for a Badedas type scent?

Nick_S

Forum GOD!
I'm with you on this decision Kerry, if we can't work out the shisha scent can we do a complete u-turn and go for a Badedas type scent?
Shisha you say? Do tell! Having sampled many different ones in Egypt, it'd be good to know if there is a comparable scent I can try and visualise :)

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
Shisha you say? Do tell! Having sampled many different ones in Egypt, it'd be good to know if there is a comparable scent I can try and visualise :)
This is the hard thing Nick. I honestly could not give you something very similar. When you have experienced apple shisha I am looking to emulate that light smoke but with a sour apple. Traditionally red hot coconut shells were used instead of coal to give a cleaner flavour and when in a shisha room the oud is also prevalent so a mix of all these elements. I have sent Kerry samples if Prof Blighty Grapewood, providing an example of maximum 'sweetness', TF Oud Wood oil by PP and a couple of others I think.

Mr Bigmem

Forum GOD!
41G85LPeZpL._SX385_.jpg
@phoenixandbeau Its a classic bath and shower cream from 70's thats still available today. Its now owned by unilever and their sites reports it as.
A unique range of premium bath and shower products containing horse chestnut, that enriches Badedas with its distinctive fragrance.

Created with natural plant extracts for a truly luxurious bathing experience.

It used to have these provocative advertisements all roughly the same a woman with her towel loosely draped around her waist and a man approaching from the distance. Finished off with the catchphrase
"things happen after a Badedas bath!" Lol
149cf7b8bbadd2f76201d4fdddcf2a2d.jpg

From my search of notes I found the most common being reported as

Leafy green, basil, citrus, musk and amber

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
Right gentleman, I'm going to have to let you all down and draw a line under Scimitar. I'm not getting close enough to Avnish's brief and if I'm not happy with it, it won't go out.

Sorry to let you all down.

@Nishy what is Badedas, please?

Kindest regards,

Kerry.
No worries Kerry, thank you for trying. I'll send you some Badedas and let me know what you think :)
It's an absolutely lovely fougere.