Phoenix and Beau Soaps

Fozzie Bear

Forum Clod!
Hi,

I’m thinking of getting my first B@E Soap, perhaps the Volupta as I like the sound of it. I am only recently starting to delve into soaps, having previously being a cream only guy (and recent DE shaving Noob!).

I would like people’s opinions in general on B@E soaps and in particular on the Volupta if people have tried it.

Thanks.

SweeneyTodd

Forum GOD!
Hi,

I’m thinking of getting my first B@E Soap, perhaps the Volupta as I like the sound of it. I am only recently starting to delve into soaps, having previously being a cream only guy (and recent DE shaving Noob!).

I would like people’s opinions in general on B@E soaps and in particular on the Volupta if people have tried it.

Thanks.
Superb soaps. Haven't tried Volupta, but I'm currently using Pall Mall, Spitfire and Obsidian. Lots of lather and slickness, and, for me "Made in England" by a craft soapmaker is another endorsement.

Burry

Forum GOD!
I’ve had and finished the volupta - I really enjoyed it. A bit floral but not too sweet. I would happily buy it again, but I have too much soap at the mo so don’t need any (not that thats stopped me buying more before). Currently enjoying their trafalgar.

RandySp

Legendary Member
P&B have a very good soap base, important to guage product amount to avoid an extremely thick lather, as some razors struggle, becoming clogged.
Nishy's speak for me on this one, I was about to write that same thing.

Add water slowly, and when you think it is ready for use, add some more.
This thing is a water monster, I've written it many times to those who don't have the patience to dissolve it properly.

Albion is the best scent for me. I have the Sanskrit too, but I don't really deal with the power of the smell.

If P&B had the smells of the Wickham, it would be my number 1 soap. Top class performance and package with great printings too. Sarah has done an excellent job!