Pass Around Pass It On : Irish Handmade Soap company.

2hot 2trot

Forum GOD!
@ManicDee I have used the soap today. Apologise for the delay guys.
If it is OK with everyone I would like to give this soap another try tomorrow.

Can @Andymc133 please PM me with your details as I believe you are next in line.

Many thanks,
Wayne.

ManicDee

póg mo thóin
1.Manicdee x

2.Electrif x

3.2hot2trot - x

4.Andymc133 x-

5.Mr Smartypants -x
6.Mr Smith - With

Last edited:

Andymc133

Forum GOD!
Used it this morning but only face lathering not the best results but will try again tomorrow and let it bloom first

Andymc133

Forum GOD!
Tried the soap again this morning and again only got a very poor lather that just disappeared.I had bloomed the soap while I was showering and this made little improvement over yesterday and in the end I added a few swirls of Penhaligons blenheim bouquet which soon put things right also the scent is very weak to me.

I'll let the soap dry off today and get it posted onwards

Not a soap I would rush out to buy

ManicDee

póg mo thóin
I have to say, my perception of this soap is one of disappointment.
While it might provide a moisturiser effect to the skin, it sadly lacks in so many other aspects.
To me, it is a Hand soap trying to be a shaving soap!
Personally I found the lather very weak and lacking cushioning and glide.
Scent wise it is a very subdued and almost forgotten in the background.

2hot 2trot

Forum GOD!
I have to say, my perception of this soap is one of disappointment.
While it might provide a moisturiser effect to the skin, it sadly lacks in so many other aspects.
To me, it is a Hand soap trying to be a shaving soap!
Personally I found the lather very weak and lacking cushioning and glide.
Scent wise it is a very subdued and almost forgotten in the background.
+1 Very well put..

Mr_Smartepants

Genius Member
OK, so after receiving the soap yesterday I gave it a quick test palm lather using a synthetic brush. The scent is so faint that it could be branded "unscented".
Sniffing off the puck I can detect some of the scent, but it completely disappears once building the lather.
Ah...the lather. Well...
I was initially optimistic about the lather because the palm lather looked pretty stable.
This morning I attacked the puck with my Paladin "Buck Rogers" (not a slouch) and tried to load it heavy. I loaded the brush for at least a minute but the soap was fighting me and I couldn't "saturate" the brush tips regardless how much I tried. Taking the brush to the lather bowl I got lather that could best be described as frog-spawn (lots of big bubbles.)
Adding a few drops of water and the lather quickly fizzed and disappeared. I tried reloading the brush from the puck and going back to the bowl. The lather sprang back to life and instantly disapated once applied to face.
I had no time this morning to faff about with it, so I rinsed the bowl/brush out and loaded up some Soap Commander "Fortitude" and had zero problems with the shave.
The puck consistency reminds me of Ogallala bay rum pucks. Their suggestion: "load it like you stole it" :meh:
I've sent the package on to the next victim. @mr. smith

ManicDee

póg mo thóin
OK, so after receiving the soap yesterday I gave it a quick test palm lather using a synthetic brush. The scent is so faint that it could be branded "unscented".
Sniffing off the puck I can detect some of the scent, but it completely disappears once building the lather.
Ah...the lather. Well...
I was initially optimistic about the lather because the palm lather looked pretty stable.
This morning I attacked the puck with my Paladin "Buck Rogers" (not a slouch) and tried to load it heavy. I loaded the brush for at least a minute but the soap was fighting me and I couldn't "saturate" the brush tips regardless how much I tried. Taking the brush to the lather bowl I got lather that could best be described as frog-spawn (lots of big bubbles.)
Adding a few drops of water and the lather quickly fizzed and disappeared. I tried reloading the brush from the puck and going back to the bowl. The lather sprang back to life and instantly disapated once applied to face.
I had no time this morning to faff about with it, so I rinsed the bowl/brush out and loaded up some Soap Commander "Fortitude" and had zero problems with the shave.
The puck consistency reminds me of Ogallala bay rum pucks. Their suggestion: "load it like you stole it" :meh:
I've sent the package on to the next victim. @mr. smith
Sorry this was such a dud!