Paradigm Diamondback (Formerly Javelin)

motto

Veteran
Those who have tried both (I've only tried the Ti II) say there isn't much in it and say the Ti II is smoother.
I have both.
Like them both. IMO the most significant difference is that the TI 2 is much lighter than the 17-4. With the 17-4 the technique “Let the weight do the work” is the way to go while the TI 2 requires more to shave as efficent.

Blackmass

Forum GOD!
Just checked on the West Coast Shaving site for any updates. There’s some bad news and some (very) good news:

Update as of September 4th:

First, the bad news:

The razors are now expected to arrive a week later, so we're hoping to ship between 9/25-9/27.

Second, the good news:

All those who pre-ordered the Diamondback will be upgraded to a hand-polished finish at no additional cost! Shine on you crazy Diamond(back)!

The good news far out weighs the bad news. If they are offering ‘hand-polished finish’ I’m expecting further delays but I’m happy to wait.

Re-read the info given about the Diamondback and noticed the weight is 114grams, instead of the 120 grams first reported. They also touch on the efficiency of the razor:

We reached out to Paradigm for this question when it was asked on social media. They responded with, "It's similar to Ti 1 in efficiency, more user friendly. Am I allowed to say that it's our best DE to date? Given the level of efficiency, it's pretty darn easy and safe to shave with. The gap at .8 is pretty healthy."

Blackmass

Forum GOD!
Latest news nicked from a post on DFS forum:

Alexis replied
Sep 25, 10:57am
Hi ------------,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Good News, the razors are now expected to arrive by end of this week, so we're hoping to ship between 9/30-10/04. Second, some more good news: All those who pre-ordered the Diamondback will be upgraded to a hand-polished finish at no additional cost! We thank you for business and patience in the matter! If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to reach out to us. Have a great day!

jeepie

Forum GOD!
I'm looking forward to this one! I still like the Javelin handle better, but will purchase this one when Paradigm does the second batch and direct sales.
Any chance of giving me a shout mate. I keep checking the paradigm website for the second batch but there’s no sign of it.