Paladin offers an incredible variety of brushes

dc68

-------------
Are they going to do a "Donald" or a "Trump" brush? It may not have a lot of hair in the not but it could have a unique style.

bijou

Forum GOD!
Are they going to do a "Donald" or a "Trump" brush? It may not have a lot of hair in the not but it could have a unique style.
What,s the point in making a useless brush, unless you want to commemorate an absolutely useless person..

bijou

Forum GOD!
The Paladin gave the dastardly evil kidnapper such pleasure in his morning shave that he felt compelled to show compassion and called the grieving parents to let them know that their baby was alive and well (to be continued).

El Dorado 28 SD5 Krakatoa
Pal El 28 Krak Baby Alive 1.jpg

Photo: Vivian Maier

Last edited:

bijou

Forum GOD!
A few days had passed since the kidnapper called, he decided to call again to discuss the payment of ransom and drop but he gave some small but very vital info away at one point in the conversation. He stated he was feeling magnanimous and wanted the parents to know about the condition of their child. But he unwittingly let slip that there is nothing like starting the day with a BBS to give a man confidence to take on the world. The police started digging into this wordage and figured out what BBS meant, which lead them to deduct that this bad guy would need to pick up diapers, baby formula, and maybe some shaving gear? (Elementary my dear Watson).

The police took the initiative and staked out both drug stores and shops that carried diapers, formula, and a nice assortment of shaving items. During the stakeout the police tailed those men that bought both baby and shaving items and tailed each one of them to their final stop. And would you believe low and be hold the police got their man and rescued the baby unharmed and in healthy condition. In their search of the premises for evidence they recovered the kidnappers shaving gear, and amongist themselves admire the kidnappers Paladin which he begged them to please let him have it back.

Dare I say that Paladin helped save the day and reunited a beautiful baby to its family (as you can see in the eyes of her 2 sisters). So let it be known, if it wasn't for the love of the shave, who knows how this terrible deed would have ended.

Tut 26 Whine Port, 49 x 52 2CWHB5
Pal tut 26 wine kidnapper.jpg

Last edited:

Mikey J

Forum HOG!
A few days had passed since the kidnapper called, he decided to call again to discuss the payment of ransom and drop but he gave some small but very vital info away at one point in the conversation. He stated he was feeling magnanimous and wanted the parents to know about the condition of their child. But he unwittingly let slip that there is nothing like starting the day with a BBS. The police started digging into this wordage and figured out what BBS meant, which lead them to deduct that this bad guy would need to pick up diapers, baby formula, and maybe some shaving gear? (Elementary my dear Watson).

The police took the initiative to staked out both drug stores and shops that carried diapers, formula, and a nice assortment of shaving items. During the stakeout the police tailed those men that bought both baby and shaving items and tailed each one of them to their final stop. And would you believe low and be hold the police got their man and rescued the baby unharmed and in healthy condition. In their search of the premises for evidence they recovered the kidnappers shaving gear, and amongist themselves admire the kidnappers Paladin which he begged them to please let him have it back.

Dare I say that Paladin helped save the day and reunited a beautiful baby to its family (as you can see in the eyes of her 2 sisters). So let it be known, if it wasn't for the love of the shave, who knows how this terrible deed would have ended.

Tut 26 Whine Port, 49 x 52 2CWHB5
View attachment 30104
Absolutely bonkers, but I like it!

bijou

Forum GOD!
A new high rise is going up on the next block from where Rosie lives. So when this sweetheart goes by the construction site (which she has to do when ever she goes to the store) she has to endure rude, crude and sexist remarks from those big burly construction workers. So to tame those savage beasts Rosie has learned to always brings her Tigress with her.

IMG_1393.jpg

Cleo Tigress 26 46 x 52 2CSLE4 Photo: Vivian Miaer

bijou

Forum GOD!
Please Officer can you give me another chance, I didn't mean to leave the house like this. You don't know what happens to me when I miss my morning shave, I get so discombobulated.

Paladin Tut 26 Lapis 51 x 51.5 2CSLD4
Pal tut 26 lapis.jpg

halvor

a most elusive fish
Where’s the trolling? He made two points, one which I think most will agree with, one which can be discussed.

bijou

Forum GOD!
We gals have our ways that's why you guys are such putty in our hands. Now, this may seem a little naughty to you boys, but for a girl to look her best in a swimsuit, a little cleanup is the right touch in the right places. Isn't that right boys.

Pal swim suit.jpg

El Darodo 28 55.5 x 50 Krakatou 2CLSD5

Blademonkey

Forum GOD!
Like everyone I have my favorites restaurants, though the years I've had hundreds of favorite restaurants as my taste and desires change, the same goes for cars and shoes. Another thing is I've always been a collector of items that interest me starting when I was a teenager, it's ingrained in my nature.

It was about 18 months ago that I picked up my first Paladin that offered their own knot (actually my first Paladin was a Lee/Blonde). After a few Paladins my opinion was they made the best handle/finished handle in all of wet shaving. So when Ken put out his knot code I read it thoroughly realizing that most their brushes would have their own shaving characteristics, meaning I would not be buying the same 2 band knot like I do with other companies or Artisans in a different size, loft and handle (by the way consistency is good in a brands knots).

I started to purchase a few brushes over the next 4 months with different lofts, knot sizes in bulb and fan along with different handles, I also began to trade brushes to obtain knots, lofts that were in handles I liked. As Paladin offered new knots and I continued to purchase, I was able to evaluate which brushes provide me with soft, medium and strong backbone, soft tips or a feel of tip presence also there is a difference in L and S knots. Now with all these different attributes including handle designs and colors Paladin creates and offers a unique variety of brushes. As an example one such combination is a brush with soft backbone, nicely dense knot (no flop), excellent flow through that provides me with the best 3 band silvertip lathering I've ever used and I have pretty much not touched a 3 band in the last 6-7 years. Or a bulb brush that has strong backbone that provides an incredible scrub with soft tips, if the same brush was a fan the scrub feel would be altered. Now there is one characteristic that is the same through out in all manor of knots, excellent density.

So as it stands my rotation again has changed over the last 18 months (it has been evolving for the last 55 years) as I slowly began putting away M&F's Elites, Thaters, Simpsons, Wiborgs, Declaration, etc I replaced them with Paladins that gave me more of a variety of superb lathering experiences (my rotation at the moment stands at 13). I will continue to read up on the knots and add new ones as they appear. My collection at the moment including the new knot in a PK47 Neptune which I should receive this coming week makes it 20 brushes.

Yes as you can tell I am very pleased with Paladin but there is one small thing I would like to see changed or added as another choice, this would be a cosmetic change. On a few brushes the engraved wording color blends into the handle color to where the words cannot be read unless your up close (this is just my artistic/marketing opinion). As it is the engraved color wording on most of the handles are excellent making the handles/branding very distinctive accept for the Cobalt (I did have one where the words was in white, I liked that one), Tortoise and Malachite. I believe white worked well on Cobalt, I also believe that the gold that Paladin uses on some of their other handles would work well with the Tortoise and Malachite, again just my opinion..

My thoughts on Paladin knots
2CLNL2 medium backbone soft tips
2CLND3 medium backbone soft tips
2CLNA4 medium backbone very springy tip feel presence (not scitchy)
2CSLE4 strong backbone tip presence softens after 6 lathering's
2CSLD4 strong backbone very soft tips

Head shape characteristics
Fan head spreads out to give a lush lathering
Hybrid gives a plush semi concentrated plush lathering

Firm backbone scrub
El Dorado Ebony 26 53 48 bulb 2CSLD4 firm backbone soft plush tips
Cleo 26 Tigris 52 46 bulb 2CSLE4 very firm/strong backbone mild tip feel which soften after 6 lathering's

Medium backbone
Chief 26 Buttersccotch 52 48 bulb 2CLND3 nice lathering medium backbone very soft plush lathering feel
PK47 26 Ivory 51.7 48 bulb 2CLNL2 nice lathering medium backbone very soft plush lathering feel
El Dorado Malachite 28 55.5 51 bulb 2CSLD4 medium backbone soft full plush tips
El Dorado Summer-set 28 55 52 bulb 2CSLD4 a firm medium backbone with soft full plush tips
PK47 Butterscotch 28 55 51 bulb 2CLND3 medium backbone very soft plush tips
Chief 26 Jade 53 48 fan 2CDLE4 springy medium backbone that at first there was tip presence which soften after 6 lathering's

Medium soft backbone
Tut 26 Lapis 51.5 51 fan 2CSLD4 springy mild medium backbone head spread very lush soft tips
Chief 26 Lapis 51.75 50 fan 2CLNL2 springy mild medium backbone head spread very lush soft tips
El Dorado Ivory 28 56 54 bulb 2CSLD4 medium soft backbone nice spring simi spread with exceptionally soft plush tips giving an luxurious lush lathering
Chief 26 Tortoise 52.7 52 fan 2CLNA4 very spring medium backbone head spread with mild tip sensation

Soft backbone 1 step above a 3 band silvertip
PK47 28 53 53 fan 2CSLD4 if you love 3 band silvertips you will love this brush soft to medium backbone, great head spread extremely soft tips

View attachment 18955 PK47 26 Ivory, Chief 26 ButterscotchView attachment 18956 Chief 26 Jade, PK47 28 Butterscotch, El Dorado 28 Malachite View attachment 18957 Tut 26 Lapis, El Dorado 28 Ivory, El Dorado 28 Summerset, Chief 26 LapisView attachment 18958 El Dorado 26 Jade, El Dorado 26 Ebony, Cleo 26 Tigris
View attachment 18959 Chief 26 Tortoise
A beautiful bakers dozen, I have always loved the range of different handles they did but alas I never have had one. :) P.