P&B Imperial Rum

p.b

Forum GOD!
Another fabulous shave with this soap and I'm now thinking the scent strength is just about right: always there but not in yer face.

However, this sunny morning makes me think this is a November soap rather than a Summer scent.

Optometrist

Forum GOD!
Another fabulous shave with this soap and I'm now thinking the scent strength is just about right: always there but not in yer face.

However, this sunny morning makes me think this is a November soap rather than a Summer scent.
YMMV, but I believe Kerry has judged the strength to perfection. I'm not a huge Bay fan and most other Bay soaps are "in your face". I love this one.:D

vtmax

Forum GOD!
It's my favorite Bay by far. Others can be irritating and over scented.
There is a very popular upstate New York soap maker that over scents his soaps far too much imo.

Kerry scents his soaps appropriately.

Wayne

Forum Sod
I will be the first to admit I didn't get on with the P&B soap base before Kerry started curing the soap for longer. I have a strange sense of smell at the best of times and usually ask my wife to describe the scent profile to me. Soap scents tend to not hit me straight away and they seem to come to me slowly I very rarely get the scent upon first opening. I spoke to Kerry about getting a slight but very noticeable cat wee smell from his soaps in the past.
Kerry reached out and assured me it had been sorted and sent me a sample of Imperial Rum. I got the scent immediately with this one and I detected nothing but the scent of the soap, nothing lurking in the background with this one. I sent for a full pot straight away and I shaved with it this morning. Lathering was instant and produced the usual P&B thick glossy protective lather. really thick on the face, I've taken to face lathering more these days and am enjoying building the lather on the face.
The scent morphs for me depending on my nose, sometimes I get the Bay Rum sometimes the Lime comes to the fore, on lathering the Lime came out nicely this morning. I shaved with my Guerrilla, Shark, Shavemac and had a great shave, the after shave feel on the skin is superb. I think I will revisit some of the P&B soaps I got rid of and buy them again with the longer cured soap base. I'm glad to have it back on my shelf. Thanks to Kerry for reaching out.

phoenixandbeau

Forum GOD!
I will be the first to admit I didn't get on with the P&B soap base before Kerry started curing the soap for longer. I have a strange sense of smell at the best of times and usually ask my wife to describe the scent profile to me. Soap scents tend to not hit me straight away and they seem to come to me slowly I very rarely get the scent upon first opening. I spoke to Kerry about getting a slight but very noticeable cat wee smell from his soaps in the past.
Kerry reached out and assured me it had been sorted and sent me a sample of Imperial Rum. I got the scent immediately with this one and I detected nothing but the scent of the soap, nothing lurking in the background with this one. I sent for a full pot straight away and I shaved with it this morning. Lathering was instant and produced the usual P&B thick glossy protective lather. really thick on the face, I've taken to face lathering more these days and am enjoying building the lather on the face.
The scent morphs for me depending on my nose, sometimes I get the Bay Rum sometimes the Lime comes to the fore, on lathering the Lime came out nicely this morning. I shaved with my Guerrilla, Shark, Shavemac and had a great shave, the after shave feel on the skin is superb. I think I will revisit some of the P&B soaps I got rid of and buy them again with the longer cured soap base. I'm glad to have it back on my shelf. Thanks to Kerry for reaching out.
My pleasure, Wayne and I'm glad we've re-gained your trust. I hope you get many excellent shaves from our products.

Best regards,

Kerry.