Oumo synthetics

wintoid

Out of control
I'm interested to hear any answers too. I've got some knots on the way, but no experience with Oumo yet.

DeeCee

Dan
That's the reason I ask also, I have several on the way...... Probably should have asked this question before I ordered them! :facepalm:

morr

Forum GOD!
I have a few and tbh don't really like them. The quality is good but just not for me, they remind of the Shavemac synthetic knot which I didn't really like either.

If anybody wants them, contact me and I'll let them go for cheap.

vartik

Head shaver
Any info about 4th gen synthetic knots ? Can anyone compare those to FS G4 knots ? Are they scritchy ?

Stonec0ld

Forum GOD!
The thin hair tuxedo has a really wide glue bump, so much so it didn't go into the handle I bought it for and had to get another sightly wider, and even then it doesn't go very deep. That said its not a very tall glue bump so there's lots of free loft. Its very soft and floppy but produces a wonderful lather.

The thick hair has a smaller glue bump and is stiffer, but at 28mm still plenty of splay.

This new one is soft a bit like a plissoft knot, but not as floppy, not sure on the free loft, it feels like the knot isn't too big. Should give a nice amount of backbone

slapo

It's... alive!
The thin hair tuxedo has a really wide glue bump, so much so it didn't go into the handle I bought it for and had to get another sightly wider, and even then it doesn't go very deep. That said its not a very tall glue bump so there's lots of free loft. Its very soft and floppy but produces a wonderful lather.

The thick hair has a smaller glue bump and is stiffer, but at 28mm still plenty of splay.

This new one is soft a bit like a plissoft knot, but not as floppy, not sure on the free loft, it feels like the knot isn't too big. Should give a nice amount of backbone
Cheers. :)

Fox Mulder

Omega98BlackWidow.jpg

I use a 26mm Oumo synthetic knot in my Omega 98 handle. No glue bump, I just had to get some resin off the base to nake the knot sit deeper in the handle. Also I had to take away some resin to make the diameter fit better in the handle. In this case this was easier because the top part of the brush is hollow.
I did this before just using a Yaqi Tuxedo knot.
muffe.jpg

A bit epoxy and the knot sits perfectly.

For my all black RazoRock convertion (Since RR does not offer this brush combo) this was a tiny bit more work to do. I had to remove most of the plastic base of the knot to get it as deep as possible in the aluminium handle. I like more stiffer brushes.
If you are familiar with the Yaqi Tuxedo or the black RazoRock Boss/Gamechanger knot you know what you get from Oumo. I would say the Oumo is out the box a bit stiffer than the others. But they are on par in terms of backbone. And I like the all black knot more than the Tuxedo. But I have to say the soft tips from the Tuxedo do feel more luxurious.
RazoRock400BlackBrush.jpg