Paladin Moe
CRSW Barbershop
Stirling Barbershop Aftershave
Brooks Brothers 1818

[IMG]

Jrzy_Hillbilly

Über Member
Thursday OCtober 17

Using this razor for the first time, The Gleaner, a 2 piece made in Sheffield, England. I purchased this from a gentleman on B&B about 2 months or so back. This looks a bit like my Palmera 65 that I shaved with a couple days ago but the shave felt nothing like the shave I received from the Palmera.

Bowl/Scuttle - GP12
Soap - Stirling Executive Man
Brush - Paladin Phantasia PK-47 26mm
Blade - Gillette Platinum (3)
Razor - The Gleaner (Sheffield, England)
Post Shave - OSMA Pierre alum, Stirling Executive Man A/S, Stirling Executive Man EdT

Shave rating 5 of 5

Although it looks like my Palmera 65, the first pass with The Gleaner told me this razor was nothing like it in the shave department. This is a smooth shaver with almost no blade feel. The first pass was WTG and was DFS. The second pass was XTG and again was a very smooth pass with absolutely no blade feel and a very easy BBS. The Stirling lather was a little watery; I put a drop or two too much water in but it lubricated well. It just wasn't thick like normal. I was about to finish with what I thought was a nick free and weeper free shave when I nicked my neck at my adams apple - I got distracted. The alum had a little to say around my neck area but it wasn't bad. I finished off with the Executive Man duo of A/S and EdT.

Overall, a really good shave. I have a few more French razors for my next few shaves.

Happy OCtober and great shaves everyone.
6F4BCE17-ED57-44B2-9B35-54BF66CC552B.jpeg

Jrzy_Hillbilly

Über Member
Friday OCtober 18

This is a slightly smaller and lighter Leresche #34 model than the Leresche #54 I used earlier in the week. The comb length seems to be slightly shorter on this razor than on the #54. I didn't measure, I will later, it is just my impression on use.

Bowl/Scuttle - GP12
Soap - MWF (it's Friday)
Brush - M&F Stubby, Finest Badger, Cobalt 30mm
Blade - Gillette Platinum (4)
Razor - Leresche #34 (France)
Post Shave - OSMA Pierre alum, Epsilon Blue A/S (Spain)

Shave rating 5 of 5

I liked the shave although I liked the #54 better. The #34 is a little lighter and I found it a little difficult to find the proper shaving angle. My first pass WTG was smooth with no blade feel, and not very efficient and it left me with more stubble than I'm used to, <DFS. The second pass, XTG and again was a very smooth pass with absolutely no blade feel and DFS+. I don't and I'm not chasing BBS so I didn't feel I needed to do another pass. The MWF lather was very good on the first pass and perfect for the second pass - I didn't do anything, it just sat in my scuttle. I got a 2 pass, nick and weeper free shave. The alum was silent, even on my neck area which is unusual. I finished off with the Epsilon Blue A/S.

Overall, a really good shave. I have a few more French razors for my next few shaves.

2E9FEC07-E658-4350-83E7-89BCCCC84A30.jpeg

Boojum1

Cosmic Cowboy
Sunday
OCtober 20, 2019

Timeless OC
Polsilver SI
Paladin Moe
LASSC Topanga Fougere
Fine L'Orange Noir
Terre D'Hermes

[IMG]

Boojum1

Cosmic Cowboy
Monday
OCtober 21, 2019

Wolfman Guerrilla UFO Colibri
Polsilver Super Iridium
Heritage Collection Shaving Cmon 77-4 SHD
A&E So Cal Hipster Soap and Aftershave

[IMG]

Jrzy_Hillbilly

Über Member
Monday OCtober 21

Going with some US made razors this week. First up is my 1934 Aristocrat. While this razor shaves well, it's not quite as good as my British Aristocrat #15.

Bowl/Scuttle - GP12
Soap - MWF (it's Monday)
Brush - Rubberset 400-3
Blade - Gillette Platinum (5)
Razor - Gillette Aristocrat 1934 (US)
Post Shave - OSMA Pierre alum, Clubman Reserve Whiskey Woods

Shave rating 5 of 5

This Aristocrat is a mild razor and not very efficient. I received a good shave in 2 passes. I didn't shave over the weekend so I had 3 days beard growth. The first pass WTG was smooth with no blade feel, and not very efficient and it left me with some stragglers, <DFS. The second pass, XTG and again was a very smooth pass with absolutely no blade feel and and finished BBS. The MWF lather was very good on both passes. I got a 2 pass, nick and weeper free shave. The alum was silent, even on my neck area which is unusual. I finished off with the Clubman Whiskey Woods, a scent I really like.

Overall, a really good shave. Going with some US made OC razors this week.

1724D9DD-A471-48E2-AC50-A520C09AD910.jpeg

Boojum1

Cosmic Cowboy
Tuesday
OCtober 22, 2019

Wolfman WR-1OC Darwin Ti
Feather HS
Alpha Titanium Outlaw SHD
Panna Crema Blu
Barrister and Mann Reserve Blue
Brooks Brothers Blue

[IMG]

Boojum1

Cosmic Cowboy
Wednesday
OCtober 23, 2019

RR Gamechanger OC .84 JAWS
Polsilver Super Iridium
El Druida D-7
Panna Crema Nuavia Rossa
A&E So Cal Hipster Aftershave

[IMG]

Jrzy_Hillbilly

Über Member
Weds OCtober 23

I've wanted to use my Cooper Monobilt and today was the day. I think I need to repair the spring that holds the blade; it's putting a little too much tension on the blade and I think is slightly bending the blade when the cap is closed. I need to see if there is an easy way to fix this.

Bowl/Scuttle - GP12
Soap - MWF (it's Weds)
Brush - ThatDarnRob
Blade - Gillette Platinum (7)
Razor - Cooper Monobilt
Post Shave - OSMA Pierre alum, Clubman Special Reserve

Shave rating 5 of 5

I haven't had this Cooper very long, about 3 months and this is my first time using it. Concerned about the piece of spring steel that holds the blade in place that it was bent slightly out of place by a prior owner. I need to figure out a way to adjust this as the spring very slightly warps the blade when the cap is closed. I just shave carefully on the one end of the razor; it gave me a great shave. The first pass WTG was smooth with a little blade feel, and fairly efficient - DFS. The second pass, XTG and again was a very smooth pass with no blade feel and and finished BBS. As usual, the MWF generated a great lubricating lather. I got a 2 pass, nick and weeper free shave. The alum was a little vocal on my neck area. I finished off with the Clubman SR A/S.

Overall, a really good shave. Going with some US made OC razors this week.

BD341247-822E-4146-9F5B-B2780A149A63.jpeg

Boojum1

Cosmic Cowboy
Thursday
OCtober 24, 2019

RR Game Changer OC JAWS
Polsilver Super Iridium
Dorian Crafts Two Band
A&E So. Cal. Hipster Soap and Aftershave

[IMG]

Jrzy_Hillbilly

Über Member
Thursday OCtober 24

So I decided to go "big" today. Pulled out my 1923 Big Fellow, used my largest brush, a 31mm M&F, and Stirling Deep Blue Sea A/S.

Bowl/Scuttle - GP12
Soap - La Savonniere du Moulin (A+ in my book)
Brush - M&F Arley Butterscotch
Blade - Gillette Platinum (8)
Razor - Gillette New Big Fellow 1923
Post Shave - OSMA Pierre alum, Stirling Deep Blue Sea A/S

Shave rating 5 of 5

The Big Fellow provided an excellent, 2 pass shave. The first pass WTG was smooth with a little blade feel, and fairly efficient - DFS. The second pass, XTG and again was a very smooth pass with no blade feel and and finished BBS. I haven't used this soap since the beginning of the month; it is my favorite, just ahead of MWF. With an almond sized chunk, this soap generated enough high lubricating lather for 6 passes if if I wanted them. I got a 2 pass, nick and weeper free shave. The alum was a little vocal on my neck area and on my upper lip. I finished off with the Stirling Deep Blue Sea A/S.

Overall, an excellent shave. Have a few more vintage OC razors to use before I break out my current OC razors for this last week of OCtober.

9A894A36-4DDF-4439-B6E9-6A3675F3232A.jpeg

Boojum1

Cosmic Cowboy
Monday
OCtober 28, 2019

Blackland Blackbird OC
Polsilver Super Iridium
Wolf Whiskers TGN Finest
Panna Crema Nuavia Verde
Stirling Soap Co. Sharp Dressed Man Aftershave

[IMG]