One pass shaves

SeanC

Forum GOD!
Certainly I can get something acceptable for work with one pass if I'm in a rush. It's not like I have to kiss my boss when I arrive[emoji33][emoji38]

That being said the real boss when I get home from work fortunately isn't too picky about a bit of stubble once in a while

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk
 

fly3k

Forum GOD!
No, one pass wouldn’t be good enough for me. Two passes I can just about get away with on a daily basis.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

Gairdner

Forum GOD!
Nope, can't do it even with a multi-bladed cart. I've not exactly got mega-growth either but it seems to point in every direction at certain points. 3 to 4 passes with a DE and two plus with a Feather MR3 cart. I used to be able to almost manage it with a Sensor Excel cart but if memory serves it wasn't as close as I get these days with improved technique.
 

Tomhstorey

Forum GOD!
I’m not happy with the finish after 1 pass.

I’m rarely happy with the finish after 2 passes!

Although, my 1st pass is all in the down direction and I’m never trying to get ‘close’ on this pass.

I’m sure I could get closer by going over areas again and/or buffing.
 

Benz3ne

Forum GOD!
Yes. Using a CJB Shavette or Muhle Rocca I’m happy enough after one pass, sometimes with a few little touch-ups. I don’t typically shave more than twice a week so the reduction in growth being as large as it is means I’m happy with the result, even if there’s a little stubble present (though usually that’s not the case).
 

Fozzie Bear

Forum Clod!
@Wayne Hi Wayne, have you ever used the Muhle Rocca?. How does the Blackland Blackbird compare efficiency wise. The Rocca is my current go to razor and I really like it but like the look of the Blackbird.
 
D

Deleted member 476

Guest
I shaved 1 pass for all my cartridge shaving years and got mediocre results the entire time. I tried 1 pass traditional DE shaving and my results were either sub-par or too rough. I settled on 2 passes with a DE razor and it gets the job done well in about 10 minutes from start to finish. If no time for that, then I either go unshaven or do a quick 1 pass with a cart.
 

Wayne

Forum Sod
@Wayne Hi Wayne, have you ever used the Muhle Rocca?. How does the Blackland Blackbird compare efficiency wise. The Rocca is my current go to razor and I really like it but like the look of the Blackbird.
Hi Fozzie. The Rocca is more aggressive than the BB. The BB is smoother, less bitey and still shaves close and comfortable. Out of the two it’s BB all the way for me.
 
D

Deleted member 1881

Guest
I was thinking something..

Would it be the one pass shave better if the skin in ALL areas, was pulled and stretched perfectly? Hope no ingrown hairs would be the result.
 
Top