Omega shaving cream in a 100 ml tube

Discussion in 'Shaving Creams' started by R181, Sep 5, 2018.

1. R181

R181 Grumpy old man

Bought a tube of Omega shaving cream today for the attractive price of $8.00 CAD. Used it in this evenings shave. It lathered easily, as most creams do or should do, producing a nice rich and slick lather. Lovely close and comfortable 4 pass shave using a Wolfman WR1-OC 0.74 gap razor and a new GSB blade. I am sure the lather would have been more than good enough to use with a straight razor which is what I normally shave with.

First impression is that it is a very serviceable shave cream that won't break the bank. It has a pleasant eucalyptus scent but not overpowering as in the eye watering producing kind. Overall, quite happy with the product. I doubt that will change much with further use but we will see in a week for sure.

Bob

RandySp, Yehuda D, Nishy and 4 others like this.
  2. R181

R181 Grumpy old man

Used a straight razor today with the Omega shaving cream for a close, comfortable and smooth 4 pass shave. So for me it is excellent for use with a straight razor.

Bob

Yehuda D and Nishy like this.
  3. Nishy

Nishy Forum GOD! Staff Member

Thank you for the heads up, rarely do I find a cream suitable for straight razor shaving. Probably more so my technique but will certainly try this.

Yehuda D likes this.
  4. R181

R181 Grumpy old man

If you try it I hope it works for you but as I said it works excellently for me which is not to say it applies universally. Just a convoluted way of saying ymmv. On the up side, I wouldn't say my shaving technique with a straight razor is master class either.

Bob

Yehuda D and Nishy like this.
  5. tramal

tramal Veteran

sounds nice this cream......

Yehuda D likes this.
  6. Rufusdog

Rufusdog Forum GOD!

Hi Bob, another Winners’ success? I picked up a tube a couple of weeks ago there, but haven’t tried it yet.

Yehuda D and R181 like this.
  7. R181

R181 Grumpy old man

Yupper Bryan, a Winners find. Think you might like it when you try it.

Bob

Yehuda D and Rufusdog like this.
  8. tramal

tramal Veteran

In a german forum they said, that the Omega Soap is the same as Proraso. I wonder if the cream is also the same, or a different animal?

Yehuda D likes this.
  9. R181

R181 Grumpy old man

No idea if they are the same. All I can say is from having used the Green Proraso shave soap the consistency is not the same as the Omega shave soap and neither is the scent. I have not used the Proraso Green shaving cream but would think the same applies there too. Personally, as good as the Proraso is I think I prefer the Omega shave soap and shave cream based on performance of the lather I am getting.

Bob

Yehuda D likes this.
  10. tramal

tramal Veteran

All right. So I will buy this cream and find it out......

Yehuda D likes this.
  11. R181

R181 Grumpy old man

You won't hear me saying that any shave cream/shave soap is the best but only that it works or doesn't work for me and if I like it or not. If you do get it I hope you enjoy it. Let me know what you think.

Bob

Yehuda D likes this.
  12. tramal

tramal Veteran

So, finally I ordered a tube....

Yehuda D likes this.
  13. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Guru

Is it mentholated like Proraso Green?

14. RandySp

RandySp ATG Official Member

Not much. The Eucalyptus is strong and not pleasant to me.

15. LeGaulois

LeGaulois Guru

It's the same cream.

N_Architect likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice