Oh no

Discussion in 'Health, Fitness & Training' started by churchilllafemme, Dec 4, 2016.

1. churchilllafemme

churchilllafemme Forum GOD!

We already were not eating any red meat, but now due to the influence of our daughter (who basically eats just raw foods), my wife has decided to go vegan in our diet. I'm holding out for being able to eat chicken and fish occasionally, but I think my days of eating any kind of meat are numbered.

2. Dogsmro

Dogsmro Guru

Put your foot down, be sympathetic to others but don't be steamrolled, if they what to be vegan,fine, if you don't and you want to eat a burger, eat one, do not let others dictate or dominate, if veganism isn't you then why would you go along with it? The word we use around these part is "bollocks"

missingskin, Bigboar and Rowlers like this.
  3. halvor

halvor Esquire

You have my sympathies. I (cheekily) say that vegan/vegetarian food is always better with a little meat. In most cases that even holds true - for me, but it's a matter of habit I'm sure. Good for your health and good for the environment to reduce the intake.

Matsilainen and Dogsmro like this.
  4. Mrchick

Mrchick Handsome Avatar

Learn to cook:D

5. Nick_S

Nick_S Craft Beer Connoisseur

I'm sorry, but I would not kowtow to anyone's wishes in that manner where it detrimentally affected my way of life. And on that note....

upload_2016-12-4_8-3-3.png

Batch300, OJ82, halvor and 3 others like this.
  6. Rowlers

Rowlers Massive Member Staff Member

Feck that @churchilllafemme, no chance, never ever....
    Each to their own and all that, but no dictating to others...

missingskin, Bigboar and Dogsmro like this.
  7. Nishy

Nishy Forum GOD! Staff Member

My brother and his fiancee are vegan. Every now and then he sends a video of several malpractices with regards to the meat industry (he's a vet). Good thing is he doesn't disagree with eating meat just certain types due to the process. Perhaps lean on this principle.

One thing I really want to do is a live hunt (perhaps deer) shoot it and prepare the hide. Then cook and eat the meat. No dogs and horses just a tracked hunt by foot.

Godfather and Bigboar like this.
  8. Bigboar

Bigboar Senior Member

9. chris.hale

chris.hale Forum GOD!

Bollocks to that. If my wife decided to go vegan she could, but I'd continue eating what I please. It's not fair for her to dictate what you can and can't eat.

Dogsmro likes this.
  10. churchilllafemme

churchilllafemme Forum GOD!

Well, she doesn't dictate. I'm quite willing to compromise and just eat fowl and fish now and then.
    Tonight it was meatless chorizo in tomato sauce over Spanish rice with a heart of lettuce and feta salad. I'm just soooo glad no pigs were sacrificed.
    [​IMG]

11. Batch300

Batch300 Extraordinarily Uncomplicated

I am not a nuts and berries kind of guy.

I really watch my red meat intake and more chicken, turkey, buffalo or fish now. A good Veggie Burger is fine, but not every day. Balanced diets may be more important. Now off for my bison burger and salad.

Matsilainen, Rowlers and Dogsmro like this.
  12. Godfather

Godfather Forum GOD!

Just spotted this! A month late.. I do a fair amount deerstalking as I manage deer of a few estates as part of a group in my spare time. I prefer knowing where my meat comes from, knowing that it has had a good life and that the meat is as organic as can be.

Rowlers, Matsilainen and Nishy like this.
  13. missingskin

missingskin Forum GOD!

Like a lot of people I am cutting down my red meat intake. I have also started to buy from a local butcher so I know where the meat is from.
    It is also cheaper for me, saves buying packs from the supermarket and it tastes much better ........ :)

14. bakerbarber

bakerbarber Forum GOD!

Fish and poultry then huh?

Here's some memes. Only because I know you can take a joke. :okay:

sj9T2fo.jpg vegetarians-meat-eaters.png 5714950e813063def169b772e819943b.jpg dear-vegetarians.jpg

Matsilainen, Dogsmro and missingskin like this.
  15. missingskin

missingskin Forum GOD!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice