Of all the razors you've loved before...

Missoni

Fellow Traveller
Is this also true for the R41 head? I imagine it's still chrome plated and there's no way of knowing.
Can you remember where did you heard this?
I guess the only way to know if you have the new cap with brass post is to weigh it, it will be a little heaver than the older caps. You wouldn't want to scratch the bottom of the post just incase you have the old post set up. :) P.
Both the current R89 and R41 razor heads use brass centre posts. Muhle top caps with brass centre posts have the number "4" for the R89 and the number "5" for the R41 stamped on the underside of the top cap. Muhle tops caps without a brass centre post have no marking on the underside of the top cap. There has been some posts on other forums suggesting that the female thread on the handles was also changed to brass but I have not seen it confirmed.

chazt

Forum !
This is a difficult question for me to answer as there are a number of razors that when they are called for active duty, I think, “this - this is my favorite razor.” In no particular order they are;

RR SS Lupo
black oxide Asylum Evolution
Prewar Tech
GC .68 SB/OC
Star DE

Honorable Mention: E1 Red Tip.

Tyke121

Forum GOD!
Really hard question but must go with the Gillette Fatboy ,The shave for me is still great ,Looks stunning ,The history behind it and the build quality is spot on ,Still going strong after all these years