Of all the razors you've loved before...

Rasorium

Legendary Member
In that case I didn’t get on with the R89. I just found it difficult to get a good close shave with it and it led to overshaving and irritation. My vote then would be the Masamune, I always get effortless/mindless smooth close shaves with no irritation. Having said that I’m currently enjoying the Blackbird but haven’t found my preferred blade for it yet...still experimenting. Yep. Masamune 👍

Merkurologist

Forum GOD!
I'd say that for one or even two days growth the ATT S1 is still a favourite of mine. For a week's growth or so the Muhle R41 is still a favourite, as for any growth I'll have to go with my newly found favourite, the Muhle R95 V4.

MntnMan62

Forum GOD!
I have to say my favorite razor has turned out to be a vintage Gillette New Deluxe. It's just so smooth yet efficient. Mine came as a Tuckaway which I find the handle to be too short and small for me. So I put the New Deluxe head on a Ikon Bulldog 85mm matte finish handle. I can't think of a more perfect razor. A close second is the RazoRock Game Changer Open Comb 0.84 on their HD handle. It's also 85 mm so the ideal size with deep knurling for a good grip. I find the Game Changer to have just a tad more bite to it. But it's still made it into my 4 to 5 razor rotation. The others are a Schone Open Comb, a vintage Gillette Old Type head on a RR Barber Pole handle and a RR Old Type on a RR Bulldog handle.

Steve

Boomer Member
Even though the Muhle and Jagger heads are touted as being the same, I actually find the Jagger closed comb a bit nimbler than the Muhle.

D

Deleted member 1881

I have to say my favorite razor has turned out to be a vintage Gillette New Deluxe. It's just so smooth yet efficient. Mine came as a Tuckaway which I find the handle to be too short and small for me. So I put the New Deluxe head on a Ikon Bulldog 85mm matte finish handle. I can't think of a more perfect razor. A close second is the RazoRock Game Changer Open Comb 0.84 on their HD handle. It's also 85 mm so the ideal size with deep knurling for a good grip. I find the Game Changer to have just a tad more bite to it. But it's still made it into my 4 to 5 razor rotation. The others are a Schone Open Comb, a vintage Gillette Old Type head on a RR Barber Pole handle and a RR Old Type on a RR Bulldog handle.
What about the Lupo? Did you try it?

pjgh

Forum GOD!
I recall fondness for the Muhle slant (37C, was it?). After finding the 1912, that was the DE that came close in terms of actual shave to my face.

D

Deleted member 1881

No. Never tried a Lupo. I actually don't think I even know what it is, if you can believe that after all these years on these forums. Just checked it out. Made by RR. It's a straight bar razor. I find them to be too mild for me. I'm an open comb guy.
Indeed, I don't prefer milder razors.

I was wondering how similar it is to Wolfman, performance based.