Noxzema red tube lather cream and new balms

Jacobite

Forum GOD!
A question for our friends in Old Blighty, Ireland, & the continent. Have you come across the new Noxzema red tube lather cream and the new Noxzema balms? I know Israeli and Greek shavers have access to them, but I didn't know how far west and north they're appearing. The old Noxzema cream in the white tube, made in Italy if I recall, might have been my favourite cream ever produced. Great camphor scent and wonderful menthol chill. I'm curious what this new cream is like. Or perhaps it isn't even new?
Thanks in advance-

Jacobite

Forum GOD!
It's been a long while since I could buy Noxzema shave cream in the red tube here. Would love to get another tube of it.

Bob
Indeed. You and I together. The red tube was the North American version, as I recall. It was discontinued probably 20 years ago, though the white Italian cream was still made until 2010, perhaps?

R181

Grumpy old man
Oddly enough I bought a tube of Nivea shave cream a few years back and the cream had a pink tinge to it and to an extent smelt suspiciously like Noxzema. It is the only Nivea that I have come across that was like that.

Bob

Jacobite

Forum GOD!
British Ingram is as close to Noxzema as I thought I'd get until someone told me about Palmindaya from Brazil. Took me years before I finally found it. Sold in a 700g container that will probably last for years. It is very good cream; probably better than old Noxzema. Camphor & eucalyptus heaven, and quite slick and cooling. Apparently created by immigrant Italian barbers in Rio in the early 1950s.

N_Architect

Travel, See, Feel, Explore
The new Noxzema shave cream in tube is (at least here in Greece) made by Sarantis S.A., a local manufacturer of cosmetics. Nothing extraordinary, if you ask me, and of course absolutely no relationship to the old lanolin Nozxema shave cream. Sarantis also have been making for years another local shaving cream, Prosar, here in Greece. Prosar is a mediocre €1.50 veggie shave cream. Prosar also have an after shave line, nothing spectacular there as well.

The Noxzema comeback includes the shaving cream tube in that red paper box (€2), two after shave balms in 'brushed' glass bottle (one for normal and one for sensitive skins, €8), and the "7 in 1" ActionPlus moisturiser in a dispenser plastic bottle (€11 MSRP, €6 on promotion). I've tried all of them: the cream is fair, a tad thirsty, there are much better creams out there. The balms are (in my humble opinion) not great, and I've tried more than 60-70 balms and moisturisers over the years. The ActionPlus moisturiser is light and good, I feel, although I have not checked if the ingredients are free of unwanted preservatives, etc.

IRISHCOAST

Tea Drinker
To be honest I haven’t come across the red tube, however the next visit to Belfast I will try and source, an if successful it will be my pleasure to send you a couple to Ohio!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Jacobite

Forum GOD!
To be honest I haven’t come across the red tube, however the next visit to Belfast I will try and source, an if successful it will be my pleasure to send you a couple to Ohio!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
How generous! I get back to Ireland a couple times a year. I'll be there in May, God willing. There are a couple trout in the Dunkellin River in east Galway who managed to hide from me last summer but not this time.

As I always do I'll be checking all the shops and chemists. If it's there I'll find it. The cost of posting parcels to and from America is prohibitive. But thanks for the offer.

D

Deleted member 1881

This is the greek cream. Nothing interesting, mediocre stuff at best, quite thirsty, you won't missing anything if you don't use it. Not very slick, post shave feel is mediocre too, the quality is low here, and if I must compare it with Arko, Arko would be the winner, hands down.

It's too bad,beacause it is made in Greece, but truth must be said as it is. I'm not proud about this cream.

Yehuda D

Forum GOD!

This is the greek cream. Nothing interesting, mediocre stuff at best, quite thirsty, you won't missing anything if you don't use it. Not very slick, post shave feel is mediocre too, the quality is low here, and if I must compare it with Arko, Arko would be the winner, hands down.

It's too bad,beacause it is made in Greece, but truth must be said as it is. I'm not proud about this cream.
The older version of Noxzema in the white tube from Italy was fantastic. I still have several which I’m keeping as collectors items. I don’t plan to use them.